Chapter-5

(Note:- The events of chapters 4, 5, and 6 take place on the same day. I divided a single chapter into 3 separate parts)

"Do you mind if I leave early? I need to be somewhere in 10 minutes."

"Soobin we have talked about this haven't we? I can't sign your log unless you have studied for 2 hours."

"You think I don't know that? I need to go Yeonjun. Why can't you understand?"

"Why are you being so difficult? Can't you sit your ass down for the next 40 minutes?"

"No, I can't. I'm leaving"

"I'm not signing your log then."

"It's fine because I don't care." He started packing up his things when suddenly I remembered the ₩1,000 he forgot to take yesterday.

"Oh before you go, take this," I said handing him the note.

"What's this?"

"You forgot your money last night"

"No, I didn't. It was a tip for you"

"We both know that a thousand won is too big of a tip. Just admit that you forgot your money like the careless person you are."

"As I said, I didn't forget to take it. It's for you."

"I can't take it!"

"Then throw it away. I don't need it. What can a ₩1,000 buy you anyways?" He chuckled picking up his bag and walked out of the library.

"2 packs of ramen" I mumbled.

.
After Soobin left, I decided to study a bit on my own but fell asleep for the next god knows how many hours. It was Taehyun's call that woke me up. God bless that child otherwise I would've been late for my night shift.

"Hyung where are you? I didn't see you at the gate"

"Sorry Tae, I was studying at the library. You reached home safe?"
I picked up my belongings and started walking out, towards the school main gate. It was 7 pm on my watch right now, that I meant I had an hour before I was supposed to start work.

"Yes, we did. Kai is staying the night here"

"What about your midterms? Tae you guys should be studying"

"Yeonjun hyung stop being a party pooper for once will you?" Kai screamed into the phone.

"I'll beat your asses if don't pass"

"Don't worry we will. Good luck at work, hyung"

"Thanks, guys. Sleep early ok?"

"Of course mom. Now good night" I could see Kai rolling his eyes at me in mock sarcasm.

"Alright kids, sleep tight. Bye"

I didn't realize that I took the back route until I reached the sports area. Our school had a massive piece of land designated for various sports. A few kids were practicing on the basketball court, most probably for the upcoming tournaments. I envied the people who were free to do what they wanted to do. Growing up, my mom told me that studying and coming first in class is the only thing that would help me escape this poor life. Since I was a kid, grades mattered the most and sports came at the last. I did play football in middle school but because of the pressure of studies and the lack of time, I decided it would be best to not join any sports team. I still regret it but now I'm almost out of high school and hopefully, I can play football again in college.

The dim lights coming from the swimming pool caught my eye. Students other than those on the school's swim team weren't allowed to use the pool. Even the team members had the access to the pool only during the daytime.

I'm not a curious cat but I had never seen the school pool when it was dark with only the dim lights illuminating the water surface. I tip-toed towards the entrance and glanced inside. No one was there and so, I took that as a thumbs up, and walked inside. It was huge. With multiple rows of seats on both sides and a small stage in one corner, the massive pool stood right in front of me, ricocheting the light that fell on its surface. Water always makes me calm, be it rivers, ponds, oceans, or just a swimming pool.

I stood there, looking at the ripples created on the surface. I was enjoying the silence when a voice behind me spoke up, making me shiver in fear.

"What are you doing here?"

_______________________________________

We all know who that voice belongs to right?

Thanks for reading<3