Chapter-28

*Yeonbin date, I mean hang out right after Soobin's swim meet*

My smile vanished when I saw where Soobin took me. A café. I mean, seriously? A café? To do what? Drink coffee and sit silently like we did last time? I work at a café and I see a lot of people coming there to hang out and I kid you not, their faces scream 'bored'. Cafes are cliche and too overdone. I didn't expect Soobin to be this plain. What a letdown.

I was trying really hard not to show disappointment when Soobin reached forward like a gentleman and opened the glass door for me. At least he is cute. I can just stare at his face if things get too boring.

.
Oh. My. God
I take back whatever I said about Soobin bringing me to a boring Cafe. I feel so bad for thinking that Soobin didn't put enough effort because it wasn't just any Cafe! It was a Cat Cafe! I've never been to a cat Cafe before in my life. How cute!!
There were a ton of cats who came running as soon as we stepped inside the tiny and cute building. Wait, that's not a cat. It's a puppy! There were so many puppies running around the place. Soobin and I found us a table near the window. As I sat down, my eyes fell upon the cage right beside us. There were rabbits inside! I've never seen rabbits in a Cafe before. What place is this?

"So, you like it?"

I observed every corner and wherever my eyes landed, I saw a new animal that was cuter than the last one. I cannot believe that Soobin took me to an animal cafe. He sure knows what I like.
(a/n: I've never been to any animal cafe before and I do not know if they have various animals or not. So let's pretend that it is a mini zoo inside a coffee shop, okay?)

"I love it!"

"I'm glad" he smiled.

A pretty girl soon approached us and greeted us, "Hello boys, welcome to Coffee & Paws. What can I get for you?"

"I'll have an apple pie, thank you"

"And how about your date?" She asked me.

"I'll have a-, wait you got it wrong. I-i am not his date" Yeonjun stop stuttering and clear this confusion before Soobin gets uncomfortable.

"My date wants to order a mint chocolate sundae" Soobin interrupted me very calmly.

"Alright, I'll be back with your order. Feel free to play with your favorite animal" she smiled again and walked back.

I just stared at Soobin in awe. Did he just call me his date rather than denying her? Was I dreaming?

.
"You prefer dogs or cats?" He asked me.

"Cats are the best"

"Actually dogs are but whatever makes you happy" he crouched down and picked up a brown puppy. He looked so gentle while playing with the furry animal that my heart just melted at the sight.

Soon our desserts arrived. We sat there playing with cats and rabbits and squirrels while chatting about random things.

"No way you can hold your breath for 2 minutes"

"Yes, I can. Our coach can hold his for 5, I think"

"Are you guys the children of Poseidon? I can't hold mine for more than 10 seconds!" (in Greek mythology, Poseidon is the sea god)

I just loved talking to Soobin like this. We were so comfortable that it felt like an actual date. After finishing the sweet treats, we sat on the carpeted floor, feeding the puppies. The girl returned with a bright smile on her face and put a tray in front of us that was filled with various kinds of trinkets.

"Each of you can choose one. It's on the house"

There were keychains of various cute animals. A small bunny caught my attention. I picked it up and asked her if it was okay to just take it. She smiled and nodded.
Soobin chose a fox keychain. He said it reminded him of someone. If I'm being honest, I chose the bunny because of the same reason as well. It was Soobin who resembled a cute bunny in my eyes. I wonder who reminds Soobin of a fox.

After some time, we decided to leave. I persuaded Soobin to split the bill but he insisted on paying because I was 'forced to hang out with him' which was definitely not true but I didn't bother to argue with him. He never listens to me, does he?

.
I was lying in bed after having dinner when my phone lit up. I unlocked it to see a new text from Soobin. My face automatically lit up.

"Thanks for today, Yeonjun hyung. I had fun"

Is he kidding? I should be the one saying thank you, not him. But now that I think about it, today was actually one of the best days. I just wish that the next time we go somewhere, it's on an official date and not just some random hang out. I do not know why but the thought of being 'just friends' with him wasn't sounding that appealing to me anymore. Gosh, what is happening to me?

 Gosh, what is happening to me?

These are the keychains btw~

________________________________________

So Taegyu is finally official and Yeonbin is progressing. What's else do we need?

Ty for reading💕