Chapter-18

This morning I bumped into someone I was trying so hard to avoid. My landlady.

"Good morning Mrs. Seo"

"Good morning young man. I was meaning to visit you today"

"You were?" Obviously, I know why.

"Yes. Well I see you haven't paid this month's rent and you are late by 3 days now"

"Mrs. Seo can you maybe give me 2 more days? I swear I will give you the money by then"

"Alright but after that, you are paying the late fee"

"Thank you so much" with that I walked away, feeling a bit relaxed. Yesterday Mr. Kim told me to talk to him today during recess. I hope it's something good.

.
Mr. Kim was not there for the morning homeroom. I didn't see him during the third period. Heck, I didn't even see him during recess. I was hoping that he would miraculously appear and tell me that everything worked out but it didn't happen. The last period bell was about to ring, signaling the end of the day, when the principal's assistant, Mr. Jeon entered my classroom.

"Sorry Mr. Jung but I need a student named Choi Yeonjun"

Mr. Jung turned to look at him before sighing, "Yes you can. I would've liked if you waited 10 more minutes though"

"I'm really sorry sir but Principal Kim wants him in his office right now"

"Okay, I see. Choi Yeonjun?" his eyes landed on my face, "You may leave"

I stuffed my books and picked up my bag. I walked over to his table, bowed, and followed Mr. Jeon to Mr. Kim's office.

.
"Stay here. I'll tell him you are here"
I nodded and took a seat outside the office.

"Yeonjun?"
I turned to look at the source of the sound and saw Soobin walking towards me, hands in his pockets. My cheeks involuntarily heated up when I remembered the events that happened 2 days back. Everything was fresh in my mind and was clouding my thoughts.

"Hyung?"

"Oh hey. What are you doing here?"

"I went to deliver something in the teacher's room. What about you?"

"I'm not sure. I think it's about my school aid request"

"Hmm don't worry everything will be fine" he smiled his rabbit smile at me.

Before I could answer, Mr. Jeon popped his head out and called me to come inside.

"I'll see you at the library" with that I entered the room, feeling extremely anxious. I was beyond scared because this was my only hope otherwise I would have to say goodbye to everyone.

.
Our Principal sir was reading some papers and in front of him was a man whom I recognized almost instantly.
"Mr. Kim!"

He turned to look at me and smiled, "Yeonjun, how are you doing today? I'm sorry I couldn't meet you earlier today"

"It's totally alright sir."

"Come sit here. We need to discuss a few things"

I anxiously sat on one of the empty chairs. Mr. Kim was smiling at me reassuringly whereas Mr. Kim(the principal) didn't even look up at me. After 5 minutes, he put down the papers that he was reading and eyed me.

"So Yeonjun"

"Yes sir?"

"Your application got rejected sadly"