Chapter-11

Soobin POV

"YAH CHOI SOOBIN! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" My coach stood at the pool's edge, screaming at me.

I finished my lap and before I could remove my goggles, a large calloused hand reached out and grabbed my ear, twisting it hard.

"Ow what the heck?"

"DO YOU EVEN REALISE WHAT YOU ARE DOING?" I looked up and saw my coach all angry and red.

"What did I do?" I mumbled in confusion.

"WHY ARE YOU SO SLOW TODAY? EVERYONE COMPLETED THEIR LAPS UNDER 15 MINUTES BUT IT TOOK YOU 20" his hold on my ear hardened and I swear it would leave a bruise.

"10 LAPS. 5 MINUTES. OR ELSE YOU ARE CLEANING THE POOL FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK" after shouting and almost bursting my eardrum, my coach turned and walked to the team members, evaluating their progress.

I rubbed my ear and took 5 breaths before lunging forward to complete the task at hand.

It took me 8 minutes to finish 10 single laps of the pool. I saw my coach approach me with a straight face and I knew I'll be on cleaning duty for the rest of the week.

(Note- I'm a swimmer myself and completing 10 single laps under 5 minutes is pretty much doable.
Flex#1: So please don't think that it's impossible cause I do swim 50m in less than 60 secs)

He crouched down and looked me in the eye before speaking. "I know you must be stressed about the upcoming swim meet but don't let it get to you okay? You are the best in the team. You will do great."

"I don't have to clean then?"

My coach smiled at me, "no it's okay. You can go home but gear up from tomorrow okay?"

"Yes, coach" and with a pat on my back, he left me to change.

.
Beomgyu was drying his hair in the changing stall and as soon as he saw me, he dropped the towel on the floor and walked towards me with wide eyes.
"Soobin are you okay? Why were you so out of it today?"

"Just thinking about something"

"I know the swim meet is important for you but please don't get stressed"

"Relax Beom. I'm not stressed about the meet" I ruffled his hair.

"Then?"

"It's nothing really"

"It's Yeonjun hyung isn't it?" He tilted his head and grinned mischievously.

"You know too much"

"Don't worry Soob. Tae thinks he went to his parent's place. He will come back"

I thought for a second. This can be a possibility but I still had that uneasy feeling as if something was wrong. But what actually caught my attention was the name he used to refer his new found friend or whatever he is.

"Tae? As in Taehyun? Since when did you guys become this close to call each other with nick-names?"

Beomgyu blushed and averted his gaze before answering, "We are just friends"

"Well don't be just friends. Chase after him" I chuckled. Beomgyu has always been obvious.

"Yeah I will. Now change quickly cause I'm not gonna wait for you"

"Well about that....I won't come with you today..."
I trailed off not knowing how to respond.

"I know where are you going Soob. Now change quickly and go get your man" he laughed and before I could say anything, he sprinted out. I can never hide anything from him. Never.

.
I remember walking down this same street as the day when Beomgyu slipped and fell down the stairs. I remember I ran here at top speed without thinking about anything but as soon as I saw Yeonjun hyung standing at the cashier, all my worry seemed to have evaporated from my body, leaving me feeling cool and light. That was the first time I saw him work at this convenience store. So he works as a barista as well as a cashier. I wanted to ask him why he was working so late at night but at that moment Beomgyu was more important. Leaving a big tip was also not useful because he bought me food the next day. Yeonjun hyung is too kind and I was willing to protect him at all costs.

Before rounding at the corner, I mentally prayed to find Yeonjun hyung, smiling while doing his job and as if God answered my prayers, when I reached my destination, I saw him standing at the cashier but he wasn't smiling rather was looking scared? That sudden feeling of ecstasy went away in a flash and was replaced by anger and hatred when I saw a man in his 40s holding Yeonjun hyung by the collar. He looked drunk. A small boy was crouching in fear behind Yeonjun hyung who was trembling and shaking.

He was frantically moving his head in all directions as if to find an escape and when his eyes locked with mine, all my senses were restored and without thinking, I barged in the store and kicked the man in his gut as hard as possible.

I didn't stop and kept kicking and punching that man before 2 small trembling hands hugged me from behind, begging me to stop. He was crying and shaking and it broke my heart to see the love of my life in this state.

________________________________________

That's it for this update my dears! Btw this chapter isn't over yet;)

Next will be Yeonjun pov and I'll be posting it before the day ends so stay tuned :)

Thanks for reading<33