Chapter-6

I jumped on my spot and turned, ready to be met with a teacher or the school guard but thankfully it was just a student.

"You have been standing there for the past 20 minutes."

He came out in the light and I cursed under my breath. Why him of all people?

"What are you doing here Soobin?"

He smirked and walked towards me. "A better question would be, what are you doing here, Yeonjun"

" I-i was just passing by...." damn it yeonjun for stuttering in front of me.

"And? You decided to come stalk me?"

"No! I didn't even know you were here in the first place!"

He grinned and started walking towards me. We were extremely close and I automatically closed my eyes. What the heck Yeonjun why are you scared of him??

What surprised me was that he crossed me and jumped into the pool. I opened my eyes and was met with a devilish smirk.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to drown myself maybe"

"Very funny" I rolled my eyes at him. "It's late. You are still practicing?"

"Yeah"

.
Silence fell over. I stood where I was 30 minutes ago. Soobin had been swimming non-stop for the past 20 minutes and I had no idea what to do. I should've left but seeing Soobin practice so hard in front of me made me want to watch him. Don't get me wrong, I still hate him but today was the first time I saw him this determined and excited about something. He finally stopped after completing multiple laps and jumped out of the pool.
I watched him grab his towel from the bench and wipe himself. I must have been staring at him because when our eyes met, he winked at me accompanied with his usual smirk.

"Like what you see?"

"Huh? Oh no I-I wasn't.."

"It's okay. Everyone likes looking at pretty things right?"

I wanted to smack him and wipe that smirk off of his face.

"I don't see anything pretty here"

"Don't lie Yeonjun. I saw you ogling at me"

"I wasn't ogling at you!! I was just watching you swim!"

"Yeah yeah just watching me swim"

"Whatever, I'm leaving" before I could turn around he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"What now?" I was seriously annoyed at him.

"thanks" he mumbled.

"Huh? Can you repeat?" I heard what he said but Soobin saying thanks? To me? Impossible

"Don't make me repeat myself" he pouted

"I still can't hear you. A bit louder please"

"Thanks. I said thanks Yeonjun."

"Woah is there water in my ears? But I wasn't the one swimming, was I?"

"Don't make me regret saying this"

"Alright fine. But why thanks? What did I do?"

"Beomgyu told me how you helped him change his bandages and bought him ointment. Thanks for taking care of him."

"It's nothing. He was hurt and I happened to have the right supplies at the right time."

"I'm pretty sure you didn't just happen to carry fresh bandages with you. By the way, how did you find out about his injury?"