Chapter-37

Time Skip: Christmas eve/Christmas day

Beomgyu and I picked up a cake for tonight's Christmas celebration and took the bus to Kai's house. As usual, we decided to celebrate Christmas at his place and have a sleepover with all five of us together.

We walked to his house from the bus stop and no matter how many times I've been here, Heuning's residence never fails to leave me awestruck. Their house is huge, two-story high with a garden at the front. They even have a barbecue at the back and a cool basement with a huge TV where we play games.

"Woah, this is where he lives?" Beomgyu gasped as this was his time first time coming here.

"Insane right?"

We rang the doorbell and within a few seconds, a very cheerful Mrs. Heuning opened the door, ushering us in. She was a pretty woman in her late thirties who was constantly smiling. She hugged both of us before ruffling our hair.

"Others are waiting for you guys in Kai's room. I'll call you all when the cookies are ready"
Kai's mom led us to the familiar staircase which led to my friend's gigantic room.

.
As soon as the door to Kai's room opened, a very energetic Taehyun leaped into Beomgyu's arms and kissed him. Watching my two friends act this way was disgusting but who am I to say anything? Soobin and I weren't any better.

Speaking of Soobin, where was he? He was nowhere to be seen and before I could ask any of them about his whereabouts, Kai spoke up, without looking up from his video game. "Your boyfriend is helping my sister decorate the Christmas tree, thanks to his extra-long arms"

I blushed when he referred to him as my boyfriend. We have been dating for the past 3 weeks, and yet, whenever someone called Soobin my boyfriend, I would feel all mushy as if it was just yesterday he confessed.

.
I made my way downstairs to the living room where a gigantic Christmas tree stood, beside which Soobin was standing, carrying all sorts of stars and streamers, helping Bahiyyih, the youngest Heuning sibling, decorate the tree.

"Oppa, can you put this star over there? To your right?"

"Here?" he picked up a red star and placed it exactly where Bahiyyih asked him to, earning a short round of applause from her.
When she saw me, she ran towards me and hugged me tightly. Bahiyyih is like my little sister. I used to come here every day when she was in kindergarten and play with her. She is a cute child and I really adore her.

"Yeonjun oppa, merry Christmas" she smiled at me, showing her teeth.

"Hello, Bahiyyih. Merry Christmas" I patted her head and she ran, giggling, back to where Soobin was standing.
He looked at me and smiled shyly making my heart go crazy. Damn, I am weak for his smile.

.
After decorating the Christmas tree for fifteen minutes, Mrs. Heuning called us to eat the freshly baked cookies. The whole house smelled of chocolate and raspberry and roasted nuts, making my mouth water.

Taehyun, Beomgyu, Kai, and Bahiyyih sat on the couch whereas Soobin and I sat side by side on the carpeted floor and were later joined by Kai's eldest sister, Lea, who plopped herself beside me.

"Yo bro" she took a cookie from my plate and ate it. Typical.

"Hi, noona. I thought you were in Hawaii"

"Dad and I are leaving again after New year's" Kai's eldest sister and his dad always traveled back and forth between Hawaii and Korea because of business and that's why whenever they were home, it was like a festival.

.
We were deciding rooms and Bahiyyih won't stop screaming, "I want to sleep with Taehyun oppa. Pleasee~"

Growing up, Taehyun was the one who took care of her the most whenever Kai's mom was out. She was so attached to him that whenever we three had a sleepover, she would always sleep beside Taehyun.