Chapter-24

After 10 days of non-stop studying, loads of caffeine, and many sleepless nights, I was finally done with my midterm exams. Today was my last literature test and I was pretty sure that I had aced it. I really enjoyed creative writing and I was somehow good at it too.

I walked out of my class and took the stairs leading to Taehyun and Kai's floor. They should be done by now.

My friends were waiting for me outside while discussing the paper. "Hey, guys. How did it go?"

"I got a question wrong hyung!" Taehyun cried.

"Can you stop it now? It's just one question Tae" Heuning kai rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Well I'm sorry if I am not chill like you after skipping 5 questions"

"What? You left 5 questions?"

"Geez, it's not a big deal Yeonjun hyung. Everybody knows I suck at math" Kai replied, picking his bag and walking away as if it wasn't a big deal. (a/n; I hate math) I just shook my head and walked behind them.

.
"Wanna grab a drink? I'm really craving strawberry milkshake right now" Kai suggested

"Sure why not" Taehyun agreed

"Are you down, hyung?"

I wasn't really paying attention to what they were talking about and absent-mindedly hummed in response. My eyes were busy searching for a certain black-haired boy. Today was his science exam and I was getting impatient to know what all questions were there on the paper. I hoped that Soobin was able to solve most of them because I really really wanted to go out with him. I mean hang out with him.

I spotted Beomgyu right outside the school gates who waved at me before jogging up to me and my friends. He smiled widely and asked, "How was it? Did you do well?"

I was about to answer when I realized that the question wasn't directed to me. Beomgyu wasn't even looking at me. So that wave was also not for me?

"Not good" it was Taehyun who answered. Yeah, that made sense.

"Why? You told me you were prepared well. What happened?" Beomgyu said, sounding worried.

"This bish got one question wrong and won't stop crying" Kai rolled his eyes. Again. (Kai is mood tbh)

"Aww Tae, don't fret. It's just one question" he wrapped his arms around Taehyun's waist and he visibly stiffened and blushed a deep shade of red. This kid was a total goner.

I looked around Beomgyu hoping that Soobin would come running but there was no sign of him. Beomgyu must have noticed the frown on my face and said, "You okay Yeonjun hyung?"

"Yeah just trying to find...." I guess there is no point in lying right? Screw it. "Have you seen Soobin? He didn't come with you?"

"Oh, Soob? He is probably getting his ass beat up by our coach" he stated simply.

"I don't get it"

"This dumbass skipped practice for the whole week in the name of 'studying'. We all know he was bluffing"

Wait. So Choi Soobin skipped practice? Swimming practice that was the most important thing in his life?

"You say he was studying the whole week?"

"Yeah that's what he said, and I quote, 'I have to pass this exam, Beomgyu. It's very important to me.' Trust me, he was just playing video games"

I automatically blushed to hear about his willingness to pass. Soobin isn't someone who really cares about marks but him trying to score well was something very new and admirable, to say the least.

"Beomgyu hyung do you want to come with us to a café?"

"Yeah if everyone is okay with it" he waited for us to respond to him but Kai just scoffed and started walking.

"Don't mind him. He screwed up his paper and needs his precious strawberry milkshake" Taehyun laughed awkwardly, trying to ease the tension.

"Yeah Beomgyu you can accompany them"

"You aren't coming  with us Yeonjun hyung?"

"No, you guys go ahead. I need to go somewhere"

"Are you going to meet up with Soobin?" Beomgyu narrowed his eyes at me.

"Maybe?" I mumbled

"Hyung don't"

"Why?"

"Trust me he doesn't want you to walk in on him while he is getting scolded"

"I don't know. I think I should go"

"Trust me it's better not to. You can call him tonight"

Call him? We haven't called each other even after exchanging numbers. True, we did text a couple of times but it was just me clearing Soobin's doubts and that's it. The thought about calling him was making me anxious and giddy.

"Come on now, Yeonjun hyung. I'm hungry" Taehyun said, dragging me with him. Guess I'll talk to him later tonight.

________________________________________

Please don't kill me for such a boring filler chapter :(

Yeonbin date, I mean hang out chapter is coming soon so stay tuned~

Lots of sarang💗
(This isn't even making sense 😩)