Chapter-10

Soobin POV

It's been more than a week since I last saw Yeonjun hyung. I remember our last tutoring lesson when he abruptly dismissed me and left. I knew something was wrong and his absence from school proved my point. Asking Taehyun and that Heuning kid wasn't really that much of a help because Yeonjun hyung apparently wasn't answering their calls or texts. I wish I could just go to his place and check on him but that would just make everything so obvious. I don't want everyone to know that the cold-hearted Choi Soobin actually cared about someone.

I repeated the conversation I overheard between Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim in my head while heading towards the coffee shop he worked at during weekends. Please don't ask how I know his whereabouts ;)

(Mr. Jung aka Hoseok and Mr. Kim aka Namjoon)

"You can't give him a D, Hoseok"

"He is late by 3 days and he is missing classes since the past week"

"He must have his reasons. Give him some time"

"I know you are his homeroom teacher but waiting for him isn't fair to other students"

"He will show up. He doesn't run away for too long"

"Namjoon are you sure he isn't a trouble kid? I know he is good at studies but what's this behavior?"

Mr. Kim sighed, "Trust me he is a good kid. He will turn up the project"

"If he doesn't by the coming Wednesday, he is going to fail"

"Whatever you want to do Hoseok"

(Btw Namjoon is also Yeonjun's homeroom teacher as well as his science teacher)

It sounded as if Mr. Kim knew something was up with Yeonjun and he also said that he doesn't run away for too long. He has done this before? Why did I have no idea?
Please be safe Yeonjun, where ever you are.

.
The bell chimed, signaling the workers that a customer has entered. I went to the cashier, hoping to see Yeonjun but instead, I was greeted by a rather pale and skinny guy who looked like a high schooler to me.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" He smiled.

"Just a regular Americano"

"That would be ₩800. Ice or no ice?"

"Ice"

"A regular Americano with ice coming right up. Please have a seat" he motioned for me to move.

I hesitated before asking him what I wanted to know, "Are you a part-timer here?"

"Yes sir"

"Do you know the other part-timer who works here?" Way to go Soobin. You cannot be more specific than this, huh?

"Other part timer? Heesung hyung?"

"No no not him. Do you know Yeonjun?"

"I'm sorry who?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"Choi Yeonjun. He works here"

"I am sorry, sir but you must be mistaken. Now if you don't mind can you please stand aside, you are holding up the line."

I wanted to protest but before I could say another word, someone tapped on my shoulder and asked me to let them order. I sighed and walked to a table near the window.

.
I was looking around the place, hoping to find a short, silver-haired man who was Yeonjun's boss, before someone approached me and placed my coffee in front of me. He bowed but rather than leaving, he asked me if he could join me for a couple of minutes. I hesitated and before I could respond, he sat down in front of me.

"My name is Heesung. Sunghoon told me you were asking about me"

"Oh no no I'm sorry I wasn't looking for you. I wanted to ask about another part-timer"

"Are you talking about Yeonjun hyung?" He whispered, just loud enough for me to catch on.

"Yes! You know him?" I was beaming at the boy but his expression was the opposite of happy.

"Yes, I know him very well. He works here"

"That's great! Can you bring him out please?"

He hesitated and looked down at his hands before mumbling, "he hasn't shown up since last week"

"What do you mean?"

"Yeonjun hyung works full time on weekends and he didn't come here since last week. He won't answer my calls either"

"Has this happened before?"

"I'm sorry I can't tell you that" he looked scared.

"Look Heesung. You can trust me. I'm his friend and I am really worried about him"

He stayed silent for a minute before sighing. "I'll tell you because I remember you and your friend from that day"

"Thank you Heesung"

He smiled a bit, "Yeonjun hyung doesn't miss on his shifts other than exam days. The last time he did this was 3 months back when I was new. I don't know what's up with him but Mr. Min says he will come soon"

"Oh. And why does that guy over there not know who Yeonjun is?" I said, pointing at the boy who took my order.

"Sunghoon just started 3 days back. He hasn't met Yeonjun hyung"

"Thanks, Heesung. I appreciate your help"

He stood up and bowed. "I think you should know that Yeonjun hyung works at a convenience store near his school during night times. You should check there once" and with that, he turned around and left.

Of course! The convenience store. How can I forget? I even met him there! I finished my coffee as fast as possible, leaving a ₩500 tip for Heesung and Sunghoon, and ran out towards my school. 

I made a mental note to take the long route which would take me to the place where Yeonjun works after swimming training. I'll make sure he was alright. I would never let anything happen to my Yeonjun.

________________________________________

Our cutie Sunghoon <33

Thanks for reading, Moa :)