Chapter-19

"Order whatever you want. It's on me today"

"Ooooh someone is feeling generous"

"It's not like that. Tell me, do you believe in karma?"

"I'm not sure. Why?"

"Well remember how you treated me to cake that one day and then later bought me food? You did good and as a payback, I'll be treating you. That's karma. It returns whatever you give out to the universe. In your case, you were kind enough to help me that's why this sudden generous gesture from my side"

"Woah Woah chill Mr. Philosopher. I just wanted you to eat that's why. I never asked you to treat me back."

"See? You are so selfless that's why karma is an angel towards you."

"Alright, then I'll be a sweetheart to you so that karma gives me back good things okay?"

"As you should"

.
We were sitting at one of the tables in the back of the ice cream parlor, overlooking the park.
"You actually ordered mint chocolate?"

"Yeah what's wrong with it?"

"Nothing. I just don't really like it. It's kinda gross"

What was his problem? Nobody disrespects Mint chocolate. At least not in front of me.
"And you think your plain, old choco-chip flavor is the best? Who even eats choco-chip? It's so old school"

"Well majority doesn't like mint chocolate but it's cool if you like it."

As if on cue, a young woman walked over to us with our ice cream order. She smiled before leaving.

We sat in silence and ate our respective ice creams. The silence was surprisingly very calming.

"Taehyun hates mint chocolate," I said trying to start a conversation.

"Same is Beomgyu. He can't even stand the sight of it"

"Really? Taehyun is the same when Kai and I get mint choco"

"What can I say, these two go well together"

I chuckled. Well it was obvious that Taehyun and Beomgyu had something going on which was not just friendship (taegyu chapter coming soon)

"I just remembered something" I started, "Do you think Mr. Kim and Mr. Kim are dating?"

"You mean our science teacher and principal sir?"

"Yeah. They are awfully close and what's suspicious is that they are funding me together. What do you think?"

Soobin just stared at me for a couple of seconds before speaking, "You don't really care about anything other than studying right?"

"Why would you say that!?"

"Because Yeonjun, Mr. Kim is married to Mr. Kim" he stated as if it was obvious.

"What?? No way!!"

"Yes, Yeonjun. They have been married for the past 4 years. Everyone knows about this"

Woah that was news to me. I guess I should start focusing on my surroundings from now on.

.
Soobin insisted to walk me all the way to the convenience store I worked at.

"You still have to work?"

"Yeah I need to buy food and other stuff you know"

"Hmm. So it's just the convenience store and the cafe right?"

"Yes isn't it amazing?"

"Yes, it is. I'm glad everything worked out"

"Me too"

We stood awkwardly, none of us knowing what to do or say.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah sure"

We still didn't move. The tension was building and I felt my legs get weak and before I could lose my balance, Soobin's phone started ringing. Bless the person who called him.

"Oh shoot its Beomgyu. I gotta go hyung. I promised to practice with him"

"You are going to swim? At this hour?" It was almost 8 pm.

"An athlete never rests"

"Whatever. Now go away"

"Bye!" He laughed and ran towards our school.

Even after he was no more insight, I kept smiling and slapped myself lightly for being an idiot. Ugh, why am I feeling all mushy inside? Guess the ice cream was too cold.

_______________________________________

Aren't they cute??!!

Lots of love ❤