Chapter-41

^ the gif says it all ;)

Time skip: Yeonbin 1-year anniversary; December 1st

"Soobinie~~" I jumped in Soobin's arms as soon as he opened the door.

"Yeonjunie~" he held my waist and hugged me tightly. "Let me warm you up"

It was snowing continuously for the past 3 days so we decided to have a simple home date at Soobin's place for our first anniversary.

Soobin took my overcoat and hung it beside the door. He guided me to the kitchen table where a cup of hot steaming cocoa with loads of marshmallows was already waiting for me.

"Hello, Yeonjun. How are you today?" Soobin's mom entered the living room and as soon as she saw me, her eyes lit up and she practically engulfed me in her embrace. She was a small and dainty woman with extremely long black hair. She was very sweet and always prepared my favorite food whenever I hung out at their place. I like her. She is the coolest mom.

"I'm great, Mrs. Choi. You look beautiful today"

"Aw honey thank you" she pinched my cheek and turned to look at her son. "I'm going to your aunt's place. Be on your best behavior when I'm gone, okay Soobin?"

He nodded and hugged her once before she walked out. Soobin came back to sit in front of me, sipping on his cup of cocoa. The silence was comfortable and that's what I like about our relationship. Just sitting beside each other makes me so happy that words are almost never needed.

"Happy 1-year anniversary, Jun. Sorry, we couldn't go out" he spoke up.

"Happy anniversary to you too and don't say sorry. You cannot control the weather. Besides, I like hanging out at your place"

He didn't speak much after that and looked disappointed. Truth to be told, both of us were looking forward to this date for a long time now. We planned to go to Namsan and hang our love locks (is this what we call the locks with initials?) but the snowfall increased so much that going out to even buy groceries was trouble.

I took out a small packet wrapped in light blue paper and put it in front of Soobin. "I hope this cheers you up"

He looked at me once before opening the wrapper and taking out a small box. "What's this?"

"It's a gift for you. Open up"

He opened the box and revealed two identical black and white bracelets. They were specifically made for couples and I picked up the ones that had a silver infinity symbol in the center. It might sound cringe but I have always wanted to gift Soobin something like this. I wanted to buy a ring but maybe it's too early for that but these bracelets were too cute to be not worn. I just hope Soobin was okay with the idea of wearing something same as me.

"Wow," he muttered. Did he look disappointed?
"Why would you buy these?"

My heart dropped and I couldn't think of anything. I had thought that he would like it but was I wrong? Is it too early for couple accessories?

"I am sorry if you don't like it" I tried really hard to control my tears and almost choked on my words.

"I love it. These are so beautiful"

"Then why are you not happy?"

"Yeonjun hyung these are so expensive! I saw these on the internet and these are hella costly. Why did you waste your money?"

I held his hand from across the table and smiled. So that's the reason he reacted this way and here I was, thinking that he didn't like it. "It's not that expensive and I've always wanted to get something like this for you"