Chapter-21

Taehyun POV

I took out my phone and re-read the text messages again,

"Taehyun-ah, are you awake?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up before school?"
"If you want to, then come outside the school pool before the first period. I'll wait for you"

For the past week or so, Beomgyu hyung and I had started sending each other text messages on a daily basis. We would talk about random things that popped in our minds. It was mostly him talking about various things which I didn't really understand but enjoyed nonetheless.

I shot a quick text to Kai and Yeonjun hyung, telling them that I'll not meet them outside the school today, and skipped happily to the place where my lovely Beomie hyung wanted to meet me. Did I just say Beomie? Well yeah because that's what I call him now ;)

.
It was 7.05 in my watch when I reached the pool. Our first period doesn't start before 8.15, that means I had a bit more than an hour left.
Hoping that Beomgyu hyung was free with practice, I texted him saying that I was out and within 15 minutes, he replied back,
"Hold up, Tae. I'm changing rn"

The thought of seeing him early in the morning was making me feel all giddy inside. I see him everyday, yes, but this was the first time we will be meeting like this. Is this an early morning date? Shut up Taehyun, obviously it's not! You are just meeting a friend that's it! Friend. This word somehow didn't sit well with me. I wish we could change this 'friends' label to something else. Something better.

.
"Did you wait for too long?" Beomgyu hyung jogged up to where I was standing. His hair was wet and he was drenched in sweat, and was busy wiping his face frantically with a hand towel.

"No no I just reached. Hyung, you gotta dry your hair or else you will catch a cold."

"Aww is Kang Taehyun worrying about me?" He chuckled and winked at me.

"Of course I'm worrying."
I do not know where I  got this confidence from, but I reached out and grabbed his towel, and started drying his hair for him. This burst of confidence was short-lived because as soon as I looked into Beomgyu hyung's black eyes, I visibly froze and forgot how to breathe. He looked back and leaned in, forcing me to close my eyes shut. Is this going to be my first kiss? Well, I'll be glad if it's Beomgyu hyung but here? Without any fairy lights and scented candles and rose petals? Will I not be able to enjoy something special like this?
I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Beomgyu hyung laugh loudly. He gently smacked my head and took the towel from my hands, putting it away in his bag.

"Yah, what were you thinking huh?"

"N-nothing"

"Don't lie. It was probably something embarrassing right?"

"No!" I turned and started running towards the school entrance, with Beomgyu hyung trailing behind me, laughing hysterically.

"Taehyun-ah, wait up" 

I didn't and ran away trying to get the image of Beomgyu hyung kissing me out of my head. I need to stop reading so many shoujo mangas.

_________________________________________

Hey my lovelies~

If you like Taegyu, check out my first ever taegyu fanfic, Love Playlist, that I just published!

I've updated the first part and I really hope that you will like it!

Thanks for reading and I love you all :)