Chapter-7

My week was going pretty well, something which rarely happened.
It was shocking to see THE Choi Soobin actually trying to understand what was written in his textbooks. I was happy to see him try but he can never change, can he?

"Ugh, this is stupid. I'm leaving"

"You were doing so good, Soobin. Here let me help"

"Fine" he shrugged and sat down. "But if I don't get it this time, I'm going home"

"Whatever. Now pay attention" it took him 3 tries to master the genetic topic. It's easy if you ask me.

"How do you retain all this? My brain hurts"

"It's not that hard"

"Whatever you say, Topper" he rolled his eyes and slumped back in his chair. There were hardly any students in the library today except a few. It was so silent that I could hear the scratching of his pen on paper. It was so calm that I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. it felt nice.

ding ding ding

It was my phone. I unlocked it to see 3 text messages from my mother

Yeonjun-ah, how are you son?

Are you free this weekend?

Your dad and I were planning to come visit you on Saturday

It was tomorrow. I wanted to say that I was gonna spend my Saturday studying but I knew there was no point. I hesitantly replied an 'Okay' and switched off my phone.

It's not that I didn't like having my parents around, it was just that I've been living my life on my own pretty well. They don't really provide me with any money nor do they spend time with me. And whenever they visited, it was because of just one thing. This time was not going to be different, I could feel it.

I slouched back in my chair, closed my eyes, and breathed out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in.

"You good?" Soobin asked

"Kinda. By the way, Soobin, didn't you say you wanted to leave?"

"Well initially yes but I'm enjoying studying genetics so no."

I looked at him in awe. "You hit your head or something?"

"No Yeonjun. Weren't you the one who wanted me to study?"

"Well yes but now I changed my mind. You are dismissed. Go ahead, you are free for today" I picked up my bag and packed all my books, ready to leave.

"Where are you going?"

"Just somewhere"

"I can report this you know?" He looked at me, eyebrows arched.

"I know you won't. You can leave now okay? Bye see you on Monday"

I turned and left the library at top speed, wanting nothing more than to sleep. Thinking about tomorrow was draining my energy. My gut was saying that it wasn't a good sign and sadly, it was always right.

______________________________________

A short update because I literally wrote this chapter when my phone was at 10% battery  :(

Anyways, I'll try to update again today in a few hours (no promises btw)

I hope you like it! Comment down your views and vote if you want to! It means a lot to me :)

Gotta go, phone's almost dead lol

Luv ya <33