Chapter-25

I woke up feeling a mix of emotions. I felt sad. I was angry. I was annoyed and felt pathetic. You ask why? Well, it's because of him! Choi Soobin!

I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom to get ready for school. It was the Monday after exams, which meant results would be out today.
I took a quick shower, changed into my uniform, and ate cereal for breakfast.

I walked over to Taehyun's building and waited for him to come out. To pass time, I took out my phone and re-read the messages I last sent to Soobin.

"Hey, Soobin! How did your exams go? I hope you did well"

"Are you busy? Call me back when you are free okay?"

"It's been 2 days. Are you okay?"

"Hi?"

I had called him three times for 2 days straight but he never picked up. His phone was always switched off no matter when I called him. And he didn't even read my messages! Is this what ghosting means? Nobody ever ghosted me like this but Choi Soobin! (a/n: stream ghosting btw. It's my favorite track from minisode album) And what annoys me is that this behavior of his broke my heart. Since when did I give anyone the power to break my heart?

"Good morning hyung~" Taehyun skipped to where I was standing. He looked happy, the complete opposite of my mood.

"Why are you sulking this early in the morning?" He asked.

"Sulking? Me? Totally not!"

"Why this frown then?"

"I don't know what you are talking about! Come one hurry up or else we will be late" I started walking away, trying to dodge his question which was a success. He didn't ask me anything anymore and started talking about something Beomgyu told him last night. This kid was falling hard every passing day. I just hope that Beomgyu also feels the same because I can't see Taehyun heartbroken.

.
"Okay class it's time to hand out your results. Everyone did very well and I hope you will learn from your mistakes. Come here and collect your result sheet when your name is called."

Mr. Kim started calling students in alphabetical order and I sat patiently, waiting for my turn.

"Choi Yeonjun"

I got up and went to the front. Mr. Kim smiled at me and handed me my report card.

"Well done once again, Yeonjun"

I glanced at the paper in my hand which read,
Marks scored: 100% Rank: 1

It felt good. I wonder how Soobin did? No Yeonjun don't think about him. Remember he ghosted you alright?

.
The rest of my day was just plain boring. I escaped to the library during recess because I was in no mood to bump into someone I wasn't interested in seeing at the moment.

*ding*
*ding*
*ding*

My phone buzzed and before checking my messages, I hoped that it was Soobin who texted me but no, I was wrong. It was Heesung.

"Hyung I need your help"

"I need to stay after school today to prepare for an essay writing competition"

"Please please please can you cover my shift today? It's just for 2 hours. Please hyung?"

I chuckled. I never understood why Heesung would plead so much when I clearly told him that I would love to cover his shifts. He does that for me whenever I have exams so why can't I help him occasionally?