Chapter-4

Beomgyu was standing outside the school cafeteria, chatting with 2 other boys. Someone had bandaged his arm pretty shabbily and it looked uneven at certain folds. Clearly, Beomgyu had not changed his bandages since yesterday because the ointment had now started to seep to the top layer, making the white surface look brown. He was about to leave with the other boys, who I assumed to be his friends before I called out his name to catch his attention. He turned around and smiled brightly when he saw me.

"Yeonjun hyung! Wassup?"

He motioned his friends to go ahead and walked towards me with a hand held out, which I reluctantly shook.
"Are you looking for Soobin?"

"No no, I wanted to see you"

"Me?" He gasped and clutched his chest dramatically.

"Yes Beomgyu, I wanted to see You" I chuckled at his reaction.

"I feel honored"

"Sure you do" I handed him the tiny pouch I was holding "Here, change your bandages. They look dirty and might infect your wound."

"Thanks, hyung but how did you know I got hurt?"

"Well, a birdy came and told me" I decided to leave out yesterday's awkward encounter with Soobin.

"Birds gossip a lot these days huh?"
He said, wriggling his eyebrows and opening the pouch which contained ointment, fresh white bandages, cotton, and a pair of scissors.
"Thanks hyung but at the moment I'm incapable of doing anything so if you don't mind can you.....maybe...you know"
he scratched behind his ear and looked away, obviously embarrassed to complete the sentence.

"Come here I'll help you," I said, completely understanding that he needed help.

.
Taehyun and Kai watched me wrap Beomgyu's injured arm with fresh bandages while the latter talked about the time when he ate Soobin's banana bread and received a good beating from the latter. Taehyun was ogling at Beomgyu with wide eyes and mouth open whereas Kai kept throwing weird looks towards me and the new arrival who sat across them, completely chill and unaware of the awkward tension that surrounded our table.

It was the first time that Taehyun or Kai witnessed me actually trying to socialize with someone other than them. They never saw me listen this attentively to a stranger talk and smile at them. Technically Beomgyu wasn't a stranger to me. He was more like an acquaintance that was too friendly.

"Okay all done"

"Woah you are so much better at this than Soobin"

"To be honest, he did a pretty decent job. Didn't expect him to be good at patching people up."

"You are right. He can be clumsy at times but is very reliable."

I hummed in response before Kai cleared his throat. I had completely forgotten that my friends were here and the realization that I didn't even bother to introduce them to Beomgyu hit me. That too a bit late.

"Oh hey guys! Meet Beomgyu"

"Hi, I'm Choi Beomgyu of class 2-B. Nice to meet you" He raised his hand and waved at them.

"Heuning Kai. Class 1-A" Kai replied, as dry as the Sahara Desert.

A moment of silence passed when the three of us turned to look at Taehyun, who still had his mouth open, and was lost in thought cause he didn't realize us staring at him.

"He is Taehyun. He is Kai's classmate"

"Hey Taehyun" Beomgyu offered to shake his hand. Taehyun still didn't stop staring at him until Kai kicked him under the table, which thankfully pulled him out of his trance.

"Hi Hi, I'm Taehyun. Kang Taehyun. It's so good to meet you" His words came out as rushed and he grabbed Beomgyu's hand, shaking violently.

Beomgyu chuckled at the younger's behavior and pinched his cheeks. "You are cute"

Taehyun let go of his hand and looked away, trying to cover up the fact that his face was all red. He mumbled a 'thank you' and refused to look Beomgyu in the eye.

"No worries"
Beomgyu turned to face me and bowed as far as was possible for him while sitting down.
"Thanks Yeonjun hyung. I really appreciate your kindness."

"It's okay Beomgyu just be careful next time."

"Yes hyung. I should go now. I promised to meet Soobin before lunch ended."

"Do tell him that he can't miss today's tutoring lesson or else I'm reporting him," I said in mock anger.

"Will do. Bye hyung"
He stood up but before he left, Beomgyu turned to look at Taehyun and smiled, "Bye Taehyun. Will see you soon."
And with that he left the cafeteria, leaving a flustered Taehyun behind.

_________________________________________

A short filler chapter because this not-so-perfect book reached 200 reads!!

Thanks to everyone who is reading and voting<3