Epilogue

Time Skip: 2 years- September

"Congratulations Soobin. I am so proud of you" we clinked our glasses of wine and each took a sip, the alcohol relaxing our insides.

Today Soobin took me out to have a fancy dinner date at Namsan tower. I didn't want him to spend so much but Soobin insisted as he missed being around me for the last two weeks. He had gone to Japan for 15 days to participate in the Asian Games. Because of his busy schedule, we barely talked and that's the reason why he was sulking. My boyfriend missed me a bit too much.

"Do you know how much I brag that my boyfriend won gold at his first-ever international event? Everyone at college knows you now."

"It's not a big deal. Many are much better than I am" he replied shyly.

"For me, you are the best" I took another sip of my wine and smiled at him.

"Thanks, babe"

I had really wanted to go and cheer for him but being a medical student is hard, especially when you are a student-doctor. From this year, I had started my hospital duties, which meant less time for my boyfriend. None of us were complaining but deep down both of us knew how much every second of being together meant now. Soobin had started going away for competitions and I was drowning in workload but we were somehow making it through. All we had to do was stay beside each other.

Soobin planned today's date. It was so fancy and I was so angry at him for spending so much.

He took me to a rooftop restaurant where he had booked a separate booth for us. Rose petals and candles decorated the area. And the best part was the view. We could see the entire city of Seoul, glittering like stars. It was so beautiful.

We were served with steak, pasta, and wine, my perfect date menu. I remember that I had told Soobin in passing about eating steak on the rooftop just once, maybe three years ago but this guy remembered. I'm so glad to have someone who remembers even the tiniest things you tell them.

After dinner, we took a walk at the topmost level of Namsan tower. It was an open area, decorated with lights where people would put up their love locks. I had always wanted to hang one of ours but was hesitant in bringing up this, maybe because I was unsure whether Soobin would like the idea or not. But as if he had similar thoughts, my boyfriend took out a bright red lock and a black marker from his pants' pocket and handed it to me. I raised my eyebrows before understanding what he meant.

"You want to hang one for us? Really?"

"Yeah, I wanted to after Taehyun and Beomgyu hung theirs." He replied shyly.

I pinched his cheeks before smiling and writing down our names. "Yeonjun ♡ Soobin" cheesy but cute. I picked up a spot right under a tree, at the far end where just a few locks were hanging.
We hung ours at one of the topmost branches, thanks to my boyfriend's extremely long arms. Our red lock stood out from all the pastel ones and I couldn't help but smile.

"Wait here" Soobin jogged back before I could ask him where he was going. After a couple of minutes, he came back, his hands behind his back, and was grinning widely.

"What happened? What are you hiding?"

He just smiled at me and showed me the bouquet he was holding. White lilies, my favorite! He held his hand out, and I wrapped my fingers around the dainty flowers. They were so pretty.

"You really planned a lot for tonight, didn't you?"

He grinned at me and took my hand, before sitting down on an empty bench. Not many people were on the terrace, giving us enough privacy. He slid his hand around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder, enjoying the night breeze. Everything was so perfect.