Chapter-27

*Taegyu date right after Beomgyu's swim meet*

Beomgyu POV

I've never felt this nervous before in my life. Everyone who knows me would say that I'm the most confident person they have ever met and that I rarely get nervous but in reality, I was a wreck right now. My feelings were all over the place. My brain was racing at 200 miles per hour and my heart was about to jump out of my chest any moment. I was mentally going through my plan over and over again. I couldn't afford to mess up.

I held Taehyun's hand and led him up the stairs to our school's rooftop. It took me almost thirty minutes to convince Taehyun to sneak into the school at this hour. He was sure we would get caught and if I'm being honest, I was a little scared too but I'm Choi Beomgyu. I never back out.

Before we could step in the evening breeze, I covered his eyes, startling him a bit.

"What are you doing?"

"Trust me"

"Okay..." he sounded a bit unsure but I don't blame him. I mean, I didn't tell him exactly what we were doing here despite of him continuously asking me.

.
We walked slowly to my secret spot which no longer looked boring and deserted. I had made sure to decorate it according to Taehyun's preference before bringing him here.

"Can I open my eyes?"

"I don't know, do you want to?" I chuckled slightly. I was hella nervous. What if he didn't like it?

"Okay now are you acting sus"

"Alright you can see now" I removed my hands from his eyes and waited. He fluttered open his eyes and gasped. There was shock evident on his face when he turned 360⁰, absorbing his surroundings. I expected him to squeal and jump or maybe hug me but he just stood there, eyes wide open. I wasn't expecting this reaction.

"Umm Tae?"

No response. He just turned and stared at me.

"You are creeping me out. Say something"

"You" He stepped closer and pointed a finger at me, "you did all this for me?" He said motioning around him.

"There is just the two of us here so yeah. I guess I did this for you"  what's up with his reaction? Is he not happy?

"Why?"

Huh? Isn't it obvious? "I-I just wanted to surprise you that's it"

"Oh," he stood rooted to his spot and kept on staring at me with wide eyes. He looked as if he was waiting for me to continue explaining and so I took the chance and stepped closer. I took a deep breath before saying what I had always wanted to say out loud.

"I like you, Taehyun"

...

Taehyun POV

I. Was. Speechless.

I found it very weird when Beomgyu hyung dragged me all the way here without saying anything. It was suspicious when he covered my eyes before I stepped on the roof as if I've never been here. And his sus behavior was proven right as soon as I saw our surroundings. Our plain boring school roof wasn't in it's usual state. It has been totally transformed. There were candles all over the place and fairy lights were hanging on the wall right behind the two benches where Beomgyu hyung and I hung out last time. A table was placed in the center with rose petals and cans of drinks. He had decorated the entire place just how I liked it. He even bought a tiny cake! How cute is that?