Chapter-34

Time skip: 2 months (idk when the college exams take place for Korean students, so let's pretend it's on 1st December for the sake of the story okay?)

Today is the day. The day for which I've been preparing for the past year. My college exam day. After preparing day and night, sacrificing my sleep every day, I still didn't feel confident enough. Not once in my life have I ever failed but today, I couldn't stop thinking the worst.

I walked to my school on a very cold Sunday morning, wrapped in a woolen scarf, drinking hot chocolate that Taehyun's mom prepared for me early in the morning. She is the best.

As soon as I neared the gates of my school, I saw many students cheering for their favorite seniors with flowers and gifts. Must be good to be this popular that so many people come to wish you good luck this early in the morning.

As I walked further, I noticed a small group of boys standing in a cluster, faces half-buried in their scarves and waving at me. Waving at me?

"Yeonjun hyung!" Kai shouted, "hurry up"

Kai, Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Soobin were standing right outside the entrance, wearing long overcoats, making them unrecognizable.

"What are you doing here this early in the morning? Taehyun your mom said you were sleeping, why are you here?"

"To wish you good luck"
Taehyun and Beomgyu both took out small paper bags from their coat pockets and handed them to me.

"Chocolates to maintain your energy levels" they both grinned at me.

Kai handed me a rather big plastic bag, "my sister bought this from Hawaii. I hope it's your type"

I opened the packet and took out a black box that held the prettiest watch I had ever seen. Brown leather straps attached to a jet black dial. It was beautiful and was screaming expensive.

"Kai, how much is this? I can't accept it"

"Who cares about price? When I saw this watch, I knew it would look amazing on your wrist"

"Thanks. I don't know what to say"
He always does this. Buying us expensive things so that we don't feel left out. I love this kid.

"Hey" Soobin came forward and I noticed he was empty-handed which didn't bother me. Just showing up meant a lot to me. "I have something for you" he scratched the back of his ear nervously, "it's not much though"

"You didn't have to, Soobin. It's enough that you guys came"

He didn't say anything and just opened his arms, "Good luck hug?"

To say that I blushed was an understatement. I was literally burning and I could feel myself turning into a tomato. "O-okay, thanks"

His embrace was the warmest I have ever felt in my life. He held me gently, stroking my back and I swear my legs would have given out if it wasn't for him who held me steadily. And the fact that he smelled of chocolate wasn't helping. Everything felt right. Perfect.

"Ehem" somebody cleared their throat, making me jump on my spot.

"Your exam starts in twenty minutes. You better get going" it was Beomgyu who was eyeing us and Kai pretended to throw up behind him. These jerks!

We parted and he smiled at me one last time, "All the best, Yeonjun hyung. You will do well"

"Thanks. Bye guys" I turned and entered the school premises after showing my exam ID card. Before disappearing behind the gates, I looked back one last time and saw my friends jumping and waving at me and suddenly, I didn't feel nervous at all.

(Note: I have no idea if juniors actually gift stuff like this but I've seen them hyping up their seniors in every kdrama, so I decided to include this scene)

...
I handed in my answer sheet and walked out of the classroom. I was free. No exams, no studying, no skipping sleep, no getting high on caffeine. Nothing. I was done.

After 3 hours of sitting in one place, brain working at full capacity, all I wanted at the moment was something to eat as I was practically starving. I skipped out of the school building, and as soon as I was out of the gates, my eyes fell on the tall guy who was apparently shivering in cold.

"Soobin?"

He looked up at me, almost half of his face buried in his scarf.

"How did it go?" He asked me, rubbing his hands.

"I did well. Tell me, what are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you?"

"Since when? Where are the others?"

"They went back"

"Why did you not go?"

"You don't want me here?" There was a hint of sadness in his voice.

I removed my own scarf and wrapped it around his neck and took his bare hands in my gloved ones. "You are freezing. Why would you stand here in the cold?"

"I told you I was waiting for you but looks like you don't want me here"

"It's not like this. Come here" I bought him in for a hug hoping to make him less cold. The fact that Soobin was standing here for me when everyone else was gone, melted my heart. But why? Is he an idiot? He would have frozen to death!

"Your face feels like ice," I said after covering his face in my hands, "You could've at least waited for me in a Cafe or something"

"I'm warm now" he chuckled, showing his dimples "Let's go have something to eat. I'm starving"

"Me too"

"How does pizza sound?"

"It sounds amazing"

He held out his hand for me, which I gladly took. It was an unspoken thing to hold hands without questioning between us. I don't know since when it started, but this friendship was starting to take a new and better form. And I hope that I wasn't the only one who wanted it to happen.

____________________________________

This is the watch Kai gifted Yeonjun as a good luck gift

Yeonbin is gonna happen soon~

I'm super excited<3

Btw, I didn't edit it so please ignore any grammar or spelling errors.

I love you💗