Chapter-30

A few days after Taehyun and Beomgyu confirmed that they were dating, we decided to go celebrate their 1 week anniversary together. The couple didn't really like this idea, but Kai showed up at the arcade where they were hanging out unannounced with me, so they had to let us join. It was really funny to see Beomgyu sulk because we ruined his special day. Taehyun didn't really care. He just pretended that we didn't exist and continued playing his favorite shooting VCR game.

.
"Have you guys kissed yet?"
We were sitting in a booth overlooking the bowling alley. After playing continuously for two hours, we decided to order drinks since all of us were exhausted.

"No Kai. And stop asking me this question" Taehyun said, glaring at him.

"What? Your boyfriend isn't here so why are you getting mad?"

"Just please don't bring up this topic in front of him okay?" He pleaded.

Kai just nodded and went back to drinking his strawberry milkshake. Within a few minutes, Beomgyu returned with French fries and burgers.

"Pick up the one you ordered. I'm sure I bought everything" he said sitting beside Tae who instantly wrapped his arms around his waist. Cute.

"Before we begin," I raised my coffee cup before continuing, "happy one week to my favorite couple"

They visibly blushed and gulped down their drinks in one go. To be honest, I got a bit emotional because I could still not believe that Taehyun is dating already! He used to be a baby!

.
"Hey, Yeonjun hyung? Have you heard from Soobin in the last few days?"

"Now that I think about it, he is the only one who is missing"

Three pairs of eyes turned to look at me eagerly as if I had answers.

"No, I haven't. Why?"

"That's strange because he isn't responding to my texts or picking up my calls either"

"Didn't you say you had a week-long break?"

"Yes since we don't even have any upcoming competitions- oh!" Beomgyu snapped his fingers and I could see the light bulb switch on above his head. He quickly picked up his phone and dialed someone's number.

"Yo, Seungmin! You still at soccer practice? Great. Can you check if Soobin is at the pool? Yeah, text me. Thanks, bro"

We waited for a minute before Beomgyu's friend Seungmin texted him saying that Soobin was practicing alone.

Beomgyu let out a breath and rubbed his temples, "Is he crazy? Can't he ever take a break?  I do not want him to end up in the emergency room again" he whispered softly.

The rest of us went silent for a moment before our brains understood what he meant.

"Emergency room?"

He didn't say anything and just looked down, playing with his shirt.

"Speak Beomgyu. What do you mean by him ending up in the emergency room?" My voice suddenly sounded very authoritative and cold.

"In middle school, we had an important meet, and Soobin practiced day and night, non-stop. I remember that we couldn't get a hold of him the day before the competition and later our coach found him passed out in the changing room. It was so scary and since-"

I didn't wait for Beomgyu to finish his sentence and dashed out the arcade, running at top speed. I can't let anything happen to Soobin.

.
I burst through the school pool's glass doors, not even bothering to check if someone was watching me or not. All I could think at that moment was Soobin. He gotta be safe. He had to be.

"YAH, CHOI SOOBIN!"

I spotted a boy floating on his back, eyes closed. He didn't seem to have noticed my presence and continued to lay on the surface of the water, lifeless.

"Choi Soobin get out this instant!"
His eyes snapped opened and he turned his head to look at me. He looked exhausted.

"Oh, hyung. What are you doing here?"

"Come out right now!"

He obliged and climbed out without any complaints. He took out his towel from his bag and started drying his hair after plopping himself down on a plastic chair.

"What do you think you are doing here right now?"

"Practicing"

"Why? You are given a break. Why won't you rest for god's sake?"

He flinched and I realized that I was shouting at him. I crouched in front of him, placing my hand on his shoulders. "You look tired. Shall we go grab some food? How does Tteokboki sound?"

Soobin managed to smile a little and nodded his head. He picked up his bag and went to the changing room without saying anything.

Ten minutes later, we were walking down the street, to a nearby diner.

.
"Here are two servings of grilled beef and a pot of tteokboki with two servings of rice. Let me know if you kids want anything else." The old man smiled at us before going back to his kitchen.

I served the food in bowls and plates and put it in front of Soobin. He hesitantly picked up and his chopsticks and took a bite of the grilled meat.

"You like it?"

He nodded, "it's expensive"

"Just eat. You need it"

He nodded again and continued eating. We didn't talk for the next fifteen minutes, not before we had finished everything that was on the table in front of us.

.
"So? Mind explaining what you were doing there alone?" We reached a park when I asked him the question that was bothering me.

Soobin just stared at the gravel under our feet and refused to look at me.

"You know I won't scold you. I'm just worried about you that's all"

"T-the thing is, i-i can't lose hyung," he hiccupped.

"Can't lose what? You are the best. Who would beat you?"

"No, I'm n-not the best," I noticed a teardrop run down his cheek. Soobin was crying?

"Soobin? What's wrong?"

I instantly took his face in my hands and raised his head to look into his eyes. They were full of tears that were falling non-stop. He looked tired and stressed and the look on his face broke my heart. I didn't say anything and made him sit down on one of the benches. He hugged me tightly and cried on my shoulder and I let him. I felt my shirt getting wet but I didn't care. I just wanted to comfort the boy who was crying his eyes out in front of me.

We sat there for a long time before Soobin calmed down enough to speak again.

________________________________________

Ik it's boring and I'm sorry 😣

Seungmin<33