Chapter-22

~Continuation of the previous chapter~

Beomgyu POV

"Tae, wait up. I can't run anymore" I was so tired and this guy just decided to run at a speed of 30 miles per hour and expected me to catch up. That too right after my practice!

Taehyun walked back and looked at me in concern, "Are you okay? Can you breathe?"

I chuckled, "of course I can. Come let's go to the rooftop"

"Isn't it off-limits for us?"

"Don't worry. Besides, I need to sit and eat something before I pass out due to exhaustion" I pretended to stagger a bit.

"Can you walk? I'm sorry I made you run" he looked at me, worry plastered on his face.

"I'm strong, Tae. Come on now" I took his hand and dragged him to the stairs, that led to the rooftop. He visibly blushed under my touch and I mentally high-fived myself. I mean, making your crush blush is an achievement right?

.
I took him to my favorite spot where I hang out in my free time. No one knew about this place, not even Soobin. This was special to me the same way Taehyun is, maybe he is more, but this spot hidden away from the rest of the school deserved to be introduced to him.

"Welcome to my getaway. I refer to this place as Escape from Reality" I bowed dramatically, motioning him to come forward.

My secret spot was nothing special, to be honest. Just 2 benches placed back to back at the far end. Taehyun walked over and sat down at one of the benches.

"Escape from Reality? Why do you name it like that?"

"Well, we all have bad days right?" He nodded. "I come here whenever it gets hard"

I sat across from him and opened my bag. My mom always packed an extra lunch for me to eat right after practice and today was no exception. The bento box contained rice, kimchi, bibimbap, and cooked vegetables.

"Taehyun-ah, you like bibimbap right? Do you want to try my mom's? It's pretty good"

No response.

I turned to look at him but he was already staring at me, eyes wide.

"Umm Tae? What's up?"

"Hyung, I had no idea. I'm so sorry" his voice was soft.

"Sorry for what?"

"You said you had hard days, hyung. I never realized it. I'm so sorry"

"Aww it's okay Tae, I don't expect anyone to understand" I smiled, trying to cheer him up.

"You tell me whenever you are feeling low okay? I'll do anything to cheer you up" he grinned at me.

"Really? Anything you say?"

"Yes. I promise" He held out his pinky finger, waiting for me to take it.

"Well if you say so," I said, interlocking my pinky finger with his. "Now, would you like to have some bibimbap?"

"Of course, that's my favorite!"

.
I dropped Taehyun outside his classroom at exactly 8.10
His friend, Kai was glaring at me when I tried to greet him. Looks like this kid still doesn't like me.

On the way to my class, I met Soobin, who, as usual, looked bored and unbothered.

"Yo, Soob, my bro~" I stretched the bro intentionally.

"What got you smiling like that this early in the morning huh?"

"No one"

"So it's not a what but a who" he smirked at me.

"Yah, stop thinking whatever you are thinking"

"You can't hide anything from me, Beomgyu. I knew where exactly you ran off to mid practice"

"Fine you win"

"Next time, ask Taehyun to bring Yeonjun along with him, will you? I also need an excuse to ditch practice" he winked at me and walked inside.

This guy knows too much. Smiling to myself, I found my seat and sat down, anticipating today's lecture. Today was fun and I can't wait to do it again.

_________________________________________

Yeonbin is my favorite dynamic duo but taegyu forever remains my comfort ship<3

Thanks for reading 💛