Chapter-23

I watched Soobin who was sitting in front of me, clicking his pen frantically while trying to solve a chemistry question. His eyebrows were creased together, lips pursed and eyes focused. If I'm being honest, focused Soobin is pretty cute. His lips would occasionally form a small pout whenever he read a problem in his head or sometimes he would scrunch his nose when his answer didn't match with mine. But I'll never tell him that I find him cute. Atleast not now.

"Hyung?"

I looked up from my book to see Soobin looking at me. He looked troubled. "What's up?"

"Can you help me solve this question? I'm stuck"

"Here let me see" It took me a minute to solve the problem from the electrolysis chapter. This topic is one of my favorites. (a/n: and I hate it so much)

"This is how you do it. Do you want me to explain again?"

"Not today. My brain is dead" he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

I chuckled, "Alright, you can go home. By the way, when are your midterms starting?"

"After a week"

"Yah, Choi Soobin! Get up and study. Why are you telling me this now?"

"Relax, Yeonjun. I'll pass this time. I'm exhausted today"

"Fine"

.
After packing our bags, we left the library and Soobin once again insisted to walk me to the store. This wasn't necessary but these little things have started making my heart feel things. I mean, we aren't even friends for god's sake! Why am I thinking so deeply of his actions?

"I wish there was a reward every time I pass any exam which would encourage me to do better next time"

We were walking side by side and I had to turn my neck to look at him and that's when I noticed his side profile for the first time. Damn! His jawline was sharp enough to cut someone's throat. This was my first time seeing him from this angle and I kid you not, Soobin looked ethereal. I unconsciously brought my hand up to my own face and traced my finger along the jaw. I was no way near to him. I had hollow cheeks but there was a lot of fat around my lower jaw which made my jawline almost non-existent.

"Yeonjun? You listening to me?" Soobin's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm listening. You want a reward if you pass huh?"

"Well it would boost my confidence to do better next time so why not?"

I thought for a moment. What can boost Soobin's confidence? "I'll give you a reward"

"huh?" Soobin halted in his steps.

"If you don't want then it's okay. I was just trying to cheer you up, that's it"

He looked stunned before he averted his gaze. Crap, I shouldn't have said anything. Now he would think that I'm being weird. We are not even friends! Why did I say something like this out of the blue?

"Okay, hyung" he mumbled but I caught what he said.

"You are okay with this? Really?"
I was still shocked. I thought he would run away because I sounded so weird but no he didn't. It's a good thing, right?

"Yeah"

"Okay I will prepare something for you ONLY if you pass"

"I think now I'll definitely pass," he said, chuckling softly. 

.
It took us 10 minutes to walk down to the store I worked at. Surprisingly, I had started enjoying Soobin's company a lot these days. I remember how I would hate it if he showed up but now it is so different. And I'm totally not complaining.