{ 002 }

chapter ii.

( quirk reveal )

Being a vigilante, songwriter, convenience store worker, a daughter, and a sibling is hard enough.

Bein a student on top of all that? Close to impossible.

Though most of her time is devoted to the band and to vigilante work, she still did her best when it came to her other activities, or at least tried.

Though she was one of the top of the class, it wasn't that easy to balance her schedule, especially when it came to her sleep schedule.

Fortunately, she knew how to multitask. She could hack into the government's files and find out about the villains they might be hiding while writing an essay for history. She could come up of lyrics for the band while fighting some street thugs.

You get the point.

Unfortunately, she also gets bullied a lot in school, specifically because they think she's quirkless. She never really had a reason to show it to them.

Mostly she ignored them, as they normally sent only insults, but when it came to Katsuki Bakugou, AKA the school bully, those were the only times she came home with bruises from school.

She sat behind the boy in class, and today was no different. He had his legs on the table and his arms slung over the back of his chair.

The ravenette kept her head down and her hands to herself, much like the boy on her right.

Minus the grumbled words coming out of his mouth.

"Now that you're third years, it's time to be serious about your future," the teacher up front said. "I'll pass out forms for your future plans..."

Keiko internally groaned, pressing her forehead to her desk.

One reason was because she already knew her future: a vigilante, until the end. She can't change it, even if she wanted to.

Another reason was because of annoyed she was with her seat mate.

He wouldn't stop talking. Keiko couldn't not focus on it, but the more she focused on it, the more she picked up the small sounds: the scratching of his pen, the sound his paper would make when he flicked it nervously.

It really kept her on edge.

If he would just shut up, Keiko could relax.

"... But everyone!" Keiko's train of thought (and swears) was cut off by their teacher, who threw the forms in the air, letting them make their way to the ground.

"You're all taking the hero course, right?" He finished, a smile on his face.

"YEAH!" The classroom erupted in cheers as most students showed off their quirks, excluding Bakugou, Keiko, and Midoriya, though he raised his hand a little bit in the air.

Keiko, however, could care less with what the teacher would say as she kept her head down low, but her ears were as sharp as ever.

"You all have great quirks!" The teacher praised. "But using them in school is against the rules, okay?"

"Sensei!" The ash blonde in front of Keiko threw his head back. "Don't put us all in the same category. I don't plan to aim low like these quirk rejects."

The students screamed in protest, and Bakugou had a weird smile on his face as he told them to just shut up.

You shut up, you blundering idiot, Keiko thought bitterly, throwing her head back and yawning.