{ 027 }

chapter xxvii.

( aftermath of the training camp )

The aftermath of the villains' attack was a mess; they were able to capture three villains: Moonfish, Mustard, and Muscular.

The rest of the action squad escaped, bringing Bakugou with them. It was a relief that no one had died, but many of the students were currently out of commission because of the gas.

The batch were huddled together in a makeshift medical camp, many still frozen from the recent events and the sudden loss of their classmate.

From a total of forty students, fifteen were put in critical condition because of the gas, eleven had either minor or major injuries, thirteen were unharmed and one... no, two were missing. It seems many were caught in shock of the recent events that they didn't notice that Bakugou wasn't the only one gone.

From the information the police got off of the 1A students that were there when Bakugou was taken away, the other student wasn't mentioned at all.

Who are we talking about?

Keiko, of course.

"Where's Kobayashi?" Todoroki said, looking around for the familiar ravenette, but he didn't see anyone.

"She should be here," Shoji said, also glancing around and suddenly realizing that she wasn't in the camp with them. "You should ask one of the police. They know our numbers."

It was honestly surprising to the boy that no one noticed Keiko's disappearance, especially her closer friends like Mina and Kirishima. 

Actually, he would have even expected someone that wasn't that close to Keiko to comment on her current absence. She really was important to the improvement of everyone in the class, from her emotional sturdiness during attacks or strategic maneuvers in exercises. Hell, even her knowledge of the school subjects was able to help everyone improve. 

What would happen if she was gone?

He wasn't looking forward to see what would happen.

Todoroki did just that and walked over to a nearby policeman who watching over the buzzing medical and police officials roaming around with a clipboard in hand. "Excuse me sir, but have you seen Keiko Kobayashi? It doesn't seem like she's here."

The man hummed, checking his clipboard and going over the list of names that have been checked, indicating that they were found. Keiko's name was the only one that had no kind of mark whatsoever.

"The search and rescue haven't seen her yet," the policeman stated. Spotting the slight fear in Todoroki's usually blank eyes, the man quickly added, "but that doesn't mean she was captured. She might be in hiding and probably doesn't know that the attack ended already."

Despite the attempt to comfort him, unease flooded Todoroki's stomach. Keiko was a vigilante, for crying out loud. She wouldn't have gone into hiding after a villain attack, nor would she just disappear when she wasn't sure if everyone was safe. He knew something was wrong.

The policeman sighed as the boy didn't look reassured. "Look kid, we'll do our best to find her. I suggest you go to your classmates and sit down. All of you have been through a lot tonight."

Todoroki nodded, feeling like his voice would fail him if he used it. Stepping away, his breathing became a little uneven as he joined the people of 1A who already got the medical attention they needed.

He sat down on a free chair and let out a deep breath.

He somewhat felt responsible for her disappearance, even if it wasn't confirmed if she wad captured or not. He should have done something. Anything.