{ 012 }

chapter xii.

( sports festival: kobayashi vs bakugou )

"Fame... money... everyone is calling themselves a hero..."

The broken body of Tensei Iida, AKA Ingenium laid in front of the body covered in darkness.

The Hero Killer: Stain.

"You guys aren't heroes," he crushed the phone on the floor when its screen lit up.

"The only ones who can kill me are them.

"Only All Might and Ninja!"

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

Groans escaped the lips of the ravenette on the bed as she regained consciousness.

The pain immediately hit her, from her abdomen, to her legs and her arms.

Keiko didn't really remember how the fight had ended, but she wasn't in the mood to brainstorm while her head suffered from a severe headache.

Did... Did I win? Oh god, I hope I did. I'm not gonna do that shit ever again.

She cracked an eye open, and yelped to find a short woman standing on the side of her bed, staring right at her.

"Holy —"

"No cussing in the infirmary," the old lady chirped, examining the girl's movements to check for any pain. She spoke again when she found none. Except for the headache. "It's your first time here, isn't it? Well, I'm Recovery Girl."

"How —" Keiko began, her voice scratchy. She cleared her throat a little before continuing. "How long was I out?"

Recovery Girl handed her a glass of water, which she gladly accepted and gulped it down. "Not very long, deary. You just came in about half an hour ago, actually. It seems your body is used to pain. It is to be expected, especially since you come across it a lot, don't you?"

Keiko glanced at her, confused at first, before slowly nodding in understanding. "You know who I am, don't you?"

"Of course, deary. The whole staff knows."

While Keiko sat up with much difficulty, Recovery Girl continued talking. "I didn't use my quirk too much on you, since your body won't be able to handle the exhaustion. You still have some wounds, and I think your quirk will heal it?"

Keiko nodded. Of course, if the teachers said everything they knew about her to the nurse, then she would have been told that her quirk had a lot of components, including quick healing.

"Well, I would normally suggest staying here for the rest of the day," the old lady said, "but I take it that you'll want to participate in your last match."