{ 008 }

chapter viii.

( sports festival: obstacle course )

The next two weeks were used for training for the sports festival. All of them put it to good use, using their quirks constantly, fighting, studying, while others were... practicing for the award ceremony.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying their training, both at school and in their own places.

Except Keiko.

Her brother made her go through hell and back, over and over again.

You see, Aiko loves sparring. He's like, the Goku of the series when it comes to fighting someone else.

He has sparred with everyone he knows, but his sister is one of the very few people who always turns down his offers for fighting.

The last time they sparred, when they went to a very small remote island years ago... let's just say they didn't go out of the hospital for a few months. Even her quirk wasn't that effective in her healing process.

Keiko despised fighting with her brother. It was always messy and only destruction was the result, besides multiple injuries. And he always talked and talked, annoying her to no end.

But, these two weeks were different.

Very different.

She didn't want to spar with any of her classmates (why? She likes doing things on her own), and Ichiro and Kai were busy doing their own thing.

That left only one person to help Keiko train for the upcoming event.

Aiko fucking Kobayashi.

By the time she was in the waiting room with the class, she was stretching out her slightly sore muscles from the vigorous workouts she's been doing the past few days.

Fucking Aiko, working me to the brink of death. That's my brother for you.

When she found that they weren't going to disappear any time soon, Keiko just sighed and relaxed on her chair, closing her eyes and crossing her arms. She simply ignored all the conversations going on around her.

She only opened her eye once to check who was calling her when she heard her phone buzz on the table.

The contact read "Ai."

She ignored it, being the good little sister she was.

The door to the room opened, revealing their class representative.

"Is everyone ready?" He said. "The event is about to start."

Keiko and Midoriya took a deep breath simultaneously, calming themselves down.

Keiko wouldn't admit it, but she was feeling a little nervous. Though she does hero work all the time, she never did it in front of a crowd. Doing it in front of a whole stadium? Oh fuck.

"Midoriya."

Keiko cracked her eye open to find out the unfamiliar speaker, but closed it when she found it was just Todoroki.

"Todoroki-kun. What is it?"

"Looking at it objectively, I'm stronger than you."

Keiko rolled her eyes under her lids. You're making the air a lot more tenser than it should be, Todoroki.

"But All Might is favoring you," Todoroki continued. "I won't pry on that...

"But I will defeat you."