{ 017 }

chapter xvii.

( back in ua )

Since Keiko's injuries weren't that severe, Keiko was able to leave the hospital later that day.

As Keiko walked put of the hospital, she headed straight to Edgeshot's agency, clutching her case with her hero suit in it and keeping her head down low.

She wondered what Edgeshot would tell her once she arrived. She wasn't really in the mood to talk to anyone, especially after her conversation with Astran, the voice in her head.

She was the last of the Neon quirk holders. If anyone found out about that, she was sure people would want to hunt her down. It didn't help that she had to reveal her identity sooner or later.

As of now, Keiko wanted to just crash on her bed inside her room, never to wake. It was one of those times that she remembers that she's just a kid, and that it will get overwhelming for a fifteen year old like her.

Unfortunately, she was in way too deep to back out. She chose this path, and it's usually when she's most vulnerable that she regrets her choice.

Luckily for her, she didn't have to attend any press conferences for her acts; she missed all of them from her time in the hospital, and Endeavour handled them.

Keiko approached the small screen on the column holding the gate.

"Please state your name and business," a voice said through the speaker.

"Keiko Kobayashi, Edgeshot's intern."

The gate immediately swung open, and Keiko didn't hesitate to step inside.

The ravenette whistled to fill in the eerie silence as she walked down the path.

Keiko kept her guard up, ready for anything - or anyone - to spring at her, just like last time.

Nothing happened as she approached the building, which was making Keiko a little bit paranoid.

She took a deep breath and opened the door, tensing a little as she heard everyone inside cease their current activities and looked at her.

Whispers rang through the room as she walked past the sidekicks, having the sole objective of losing their stares in the elevator.

The elevator doors opened, revealing the empty lift. She let out a breath of relief as she stepped in and pressed the second floor button. She relaxed when the doors closed in front of her.

It seemed that news had travelled around that she was involved with the Hero Killer incident. Of course, Keiko expected people to find out sooner or later, she just didn't know that everyone would be aware of the truth by the morning.

The doors opened, and Keiko stepped out and headed down the hallway, which had lesser people than downstairs. But that didn't stop people from staring at her as she made her way to Edgeshot's office.

Keiko took a deep breath and entered the office.

She found Edgeshot looking at his cork board of Ninja. She noticed that there were more pictures than the last time she came here.

And they were pictures of her.

He knows.

"Sit," the hero said, not looking away from his board.