{ 034 }

chapter xxxiv.

( a house full of idiots )

Finally, the day that Keiko and the rest of the class would officially live in the dorms together arrived.

Her mom sent her to school with the car, which she didn't normally do but she wanted to be with her daughter until the very last moment when she won't be able to see her as often.

"Stay safe Kei," Suki told her daughter, pulling her head close and pressing her lips to Keiko's forehead. "Remember what your father and I told you: if anything bad happens  to you, don't be afraid to use your quirk to save yourself. We'll deal with the lawsuits after. Your priority is your life, okay?"

Keiko nodded, smiling at her dear mother. "Yeah, don't worry Mom. I got it."

Suki sighed. "Don't forget to have fun, though. You don't need to act so mature and uptight all the time. I'll also bring your stuff for your dorm later."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll go now," Keiko said, slinging her bag over her shoulder and stepping out of the car. "Love you Mom!"

"Love you too, Kei!"

Keiko walked away, waving her hand above her head without looking back when she heard her mom honk the horn one last time before driving off.

It was a five-minute walk from the main building to the dorms in the big campus in UA, and it went by in a flash.

She was the last one in the class to arrive at the dorms, since she had one last doctor's appointment an hour earlier to make sure that she was physically capable of resuming her hero training.

It also led to quite a few... awkward questions due to the remarkable speed of her recovery from life-threatening injuries.

"It's incredible how quick your body healed from the serious injuries you sustained!"

"Uh... I eat my vegetables. A lot."

So much for Astran's assistance in thinking of suitable excuses for the hidden (not-so-hidden) qualities of her quirk.

"Keiko!" Kirishima greeted, excusing himself as he walked from the front of the class to the back so he could greet his friend. "I was worried for a sec that your parents didn't let you go back to UA!"

"Eijirou," Keiko returned his grin, giving him a short one arm hug. "It was difficult to convince them, but in the end they let me stay."

Kirishima pulled away slightly, one arm still around her shoulders. "That's good!"

With the conclusion of her conversation with Kirishima, she was given the opportunity to get a better look at the dorms as the two walked back to join the class.

The building was quite big — as expected of a place that was supposed to house twenty-one students. With rich brown in a darker shade being framed by white, and the large "1A ALLIANCE" label in the front, it seemed more like a bank rather than a dorm.

Well, soon enough it was going to become home to them.

And to her.