{ 030 }

chapter xxx.

( keiko vs all for one )

Ninja ran.

It was worse than he had imagined; his legs were aching, his heart was pounding harshly against his ribcage, and it felt like his lungs were going to explode, but he couldn't stop.

That was not an option with what was at stake if he failed.

All Might easily zoomed away, further and faster than Ninja could do in his present condition. Killing Nomus took more out of him than he had anticipated.

The fact that he had to dodge obstacles along the way wasn't helping with his energy, which was slowly depleting.

He had to do something to replenish himself so he can catch up with All Might.

He looked up, seeing the various tarpaulin posters displayed on the roofs of the many buildings he ran by.

These aren't the types of signs I'm looking for.

He continued scouting around as he ran, until he finally found what he was looking for: a neon sign hanging from the side of a building in the distance.

He didn't bother what was said on the sign. All he was focused on was how to get close enough to it to do what he had to do.

The neon sign was getting closer rapidly as Ninja continued to run as fast as his built legs could take him. He didn't have much time to think of a way.

He lengthened his last few steps before he jumped up, as high as he could. People below looked up to gape at him, pointing open-mouthed. He looked like a blur of neon, a peculiar creature sent by the gods.

But right now, the spectators were the very least of his concerns.

He sailed over the sign, and he outstretched his hand below him, activating his quirk and doing what he hasn't done before - draining the sign of its energy and making it his own.

A robotic sigh went unheard by the people walking below him.

Now that's the energy that I need for this run.

With the limited time the vigilante had, he simply let gravity pull him to the ground and slow his fall through his feet on the last minute.

He continued his run, a little bit faster than before, or as one would say, with "pep in his step." Hey, it may be just a small boost, but even if he was there a second, or a minute quicker than before, that would make a really big difference.

Jesus, how is All Might so fast? I seriously need to work out more... even all my vigilante work isn't helping my speed here...

Finally, after what felt like an eternity but it was really only around 3 minutes, Ninja arrived at the scene, panting and sweating profusely under the mask.

He arrived only to be pushed back by a strong gust of wind that parted the buildings beside him.

What the hell...!

He flew backward, dashing to the side to narrowly avoid the sudden appearance of the Symbol of Peace that had been barreling towards him at an alarming rate.

When the current finally stopped and the wind stopped whistling loudly into the vigilante's ear, he looked up from his spot on the now uneven concrete ground.