{ 024 }

chapter xxiv.

( the training camp )

After a few weeks of rest, class 1A returned to school for the long-awaited training camp. Everyone wore their school uniform and stood outside of the school, each one of them with their own expectations of the camp.

Keiko stood somewhere in the middle of the students, her hands in her skirt pockets as she listened intently to what their homeroom teacher had to say.

"UA has finished its first semester, and summer vacation has started," Aizawa said, his eyes sweeping through the class, making contact with Keiko's gold orbs for a split second before he looked away.

"But for those striving to be heroes, there are no days of rest. At this training camp, we'll aim for even greater heights - for 'Plus Ultra.'"

"Hai!"

Aizawa walked away, giving the students time to communicate with each other. Uraraka immediately approached Midoriya with a bright smile on her face. "Deku-kun! The training camp has finally started!"

Midoriya's face erupted in flames at Uraraka's close proximity. "Right, Uraraka-san..."

The girl took note of the sudden change of color of Midoriya's face. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, n - nothing, just..." The greenette inched away from her. Uraraka's eyes widened as she remembered what Aoyama had said during their final exam, her face turning as red as a tomato.

Keiko watched in amusement as she ran far away from Midoriya and started a chant for the training camp, Mina and Kaminari joining in with her.

Young love...

It's like a high school romance. They're both oblivious to each other's feelings. How annoying yet amusing.

"Eh? Class A needs summer school?" Keiko perked up at the sound of a familiar voice. She turned to look at Monoma, who started his teasing. "What happened? Did someone fail the finals? How come? Class A is supposed to be way better then B, right?"

Keiko sighed, approaching Monoma and putting a hand on his shoulder. "Chill out, Monoma-san. No need to be so competitive."

"Easy for you to say," Monoma mocked, slapping her hand away. "You guys act so high and mighty -"

Kendo came to the rescue and karate-chopped the back of Monoma's neck, rendering him unconscious and successfully stopping his antics. "Gomen, Class A," She said, flashing them a kind smile and dragging the blonde away by the collar.

"He seems to be more... aggressive than usual," Keiko mumbled, before turning around to merge with the class when she heard the other class talking. To her, it was way too early for socializing with people she didn't know.

"Time to get on the bus, guys!" Kendo called out to her classmates.

"Class A's bus is over here!" Iida shouted from the other side, waving his hands around. "Line up in accordance to your seating arrangement!"

Keiko simply ignored the blue Transformer and stepped onto the bus without another word to anyone else. Keiko decided to stay in one of the seats close to the back row of the bus, where she would have to worry about only one other seatmate.

She plopped down on the chair close to the window and brought out her phone and earphones, plugging it in and scrolling through the playlist she constructed a few hours prior to her arrival at the school.

"Keiko."

The ravenette looked up from her device, her eyes making their way to a set of heterochromatic orbs. "May I sit beside you?"