{ 036 }

chapter xxxvi.

( phase one )

As expected, many people targetted her, since she was one of the few people from UA that decided to go off on their own.

On the way, she was able to eliminate...

No one.

She was too busy trying to doge the balls that people threw at her.

"Jesus, throw 'em at yourselves instead, will ya?!" Keiko roared when the nth ball hit the back of her head. Again.

"Rain of Blades!" Blue swords came out of nowhere, dragging people down and caging them on the ground.

Keiko grinned, knowing that voice like the back of her hand. "About time, Ai!"

Her brother Aiko dashed over to her, rolling his eyes. "Terribly sorry for my tardiness, your highness. I was busy trying to not get eliminated in this stupid exam!"

"Ignore him, he's just annoyed that he already got one of his targets hit," Kai laughed.

Keiko mockingly pouted at her brother. "Aww, did I hear that right? That you're one step closer to getting eliminated than me?"

"Oh, shut up Kei," Aiko grumbled, swatting a ball that was going for his other target.

"Hey, let's not just stand around on the battle, yeah?" Ichiro called, one eye closed as he threw a ball at someone's target and successfully hitting it.

"Yeah, right," Keiko hummed. "Cover me, will you, Kai?"

"On it," Kai smirked.

This was normally how they fight together; when they wanted to spread out their offense, they went in pairs while rotating in a circle so they could have their fair share of opponents. Normally, Aiko and Keiko would be the ones on offense while Ichiro and Kai would cover their backs.

"There's too many of them!" Ichiro said, groaning when one of his targets got hit.

The Kobayashi siblings shared a glance, then sported identical grins.

"Time to switch strategies, then," Keiko announced.

Kai and Ichiro stared at them for a second before they understood what they meant, with Ichiro grabbing Kai's wrist and teleporting them away.

"It's time," Aiko sang to his sister, who, despite not exactly enjoying this strategy due to how much of her energy it required to be executed perfectly, knew that it would be effective in this situation.

And with that, both Keiko's and Aiko's eyes glowed white with power before they went completely insane, jumping (Keiko) and flying (Aiko) at the crowd that gathered around them in hopes of eliminating one of the Big Three of Shiketsu and the student that won second place in the famous UA Sports Festival.

Their other strategy was a simple yet taxing one for the siblings: the Aiko and Keiko (the ones with flashy quirks) would cause a scene and catch everyone's attention, while Ichiro and Kai (the more discreet ones) captured the villains.

Or, in this case, eliminate some people.

There was some commentary from the tired man Mera, saying that they just got their first candidate that passed.