{ 032 }

chapter xxxii.

when astran is in cat form, he'll be called astro to avoid any confusion :))

( serious parent talk and friendly visits )

"Don't worry, it won't be that bad," Ichiro attempted to desperately reassure Keiko, but nothing will help her for what's about to come: serious parent talk.

"It will be that bad," Keiko groaned, burying her face in Astro's coat of fur, not noticing the way the cat stiffened in discomfort.

Kai slapped the back of Aiko's head. "You idiot, you shouldn't have mentioned that!"

"Ow!" Aiko whined, rubbing his head and messing up his bed hair even more. "Only Ichiro can hit me! And besides, I didn't think it'll be this bad!"

"Bitch you literally have the same parents!" Kai retorted. "Even me and Ichiro know how bad your mom can be when it comes to shit like this!"

"Mom always favored Kei when it comes to serious stuff like this!" Aiko defended himself, Ichiro still trying to console Keiko in the background.

Kai deadpanned. "Aiko, since when did Suki-san ever had her daughter confess to the entire damn world that she's a vigilante? Of course she's gonna freak out!"

I —" Aiko was about to reply, but he realized that he was right. "Oh shit, you're screwed Kei."

"No shit Sherlock," Keiko whined. "Someone buy me an amazing looking body box to put my body in. I'll get a rainbow one please. Buy it from the Funeral People."

"The who?" Ichiro furrowed his eyebrows, though Keiko spewing out random sentences they didn't fully grasp the meaning of wasn't uncommon. "And don't you mean a coffin?"

"Oh so that's what it's called," Keiko muttered. "I forgot its name there for a second, but putting me in a box and tossing me into the sea doesn't seem that bad."

"Keiko, your mom may be terrifying, but you'll survive," Kai decided to comfort the ravenette in his own way. "Even if you kept this from her, and your dad's a cop, but hey, you were doing something right."

Keiko's face turned blank. "That's not reassuring, you jackass."

Kai shrugged. "Well, it's the truth, reassuring or not."

Kai's right, Keiko thought.

Even if her mother and father get mad at her for technically doing something illegal, she was still doing the right thing. And she's gladly take any punishment, for what she was doing was the right thing.

The thought calmed her, and seeing her relaxed form also made the other three loosen up, seeing as the hardest part was over.

Knock knock.

"Keiko? Your parents are here to visit."

When the doctor's muffled words registered in the minds of the four, they started to panick.

"You got this, Kei," Aiko whispered, squeezing her hand with unnecessary strength, but Keiko only felt it slightly through the fear that washed over her.

"No I don't!" Keiko protested. "I haven't been able to create a script or — or a slideshow!"

"We'll be here to support you," Ichiro reassured. "Just keep calm and don't freak out."

They turned to Kai expectantly, at which he shrugged and said, "I'm keeping your belongings when you die."

The girl wasn't given any time to respond as the door slid open, revealing her and her brother's stony-faced parents.