{ 004 }

chapter iv.

( villains in ua part 2 )

Death is an idiot. 

It always finds you, sooner or later, but it never makes a final decision in time.

When you're dying, suddenly you survive. When you live happily, you suddenly die from an accident, or a heart attack.

Keiko's escapes from death weren't coincidences. Her quirk never lets her rest in peace. Slowly but surely, she gets back to full health, just to be almost killed again.

Just like now.

She's now suspended about ten feet above the air, a pole piercing right through her stomach.

She was knocked unconscious, blood flowing down her abdomen and her head. Her mask was askew, her closed eye and the corner of her mouth revealed, dripping blood.

Her hair stuck to some parts of her sweaty forehead, her ponytail almost undone under her hood.

She had landed in the destruction zone, where collpased buildings surrounded her.

Her skin was pale, the total opposite of how it should be.

To put it bluntly, Keiko was dying, and her quirk wasn't really doing much to keep her from travelling into the land of the dead. 

Of all the times she's ever fought against villains, this was definitely the worst she's ever been.

She fought against Raven, who had left her with multiple (but minor) scratches littered around her body from his sharp talons and feathers. The worst injury from that fight was a feather stuck on her calf and thigh, but otherwise, it was your usual bumps and bruises.

She fought against Smiler, who was absolutely creepy, with his permanent smile and powder white face, and she was able to gain a bullet through her shoulder and a knife cut on her inner thigh. Otherwise she was in almost perfect state besides the countless bruises she had from him shooting sticks with boxing gloves on the tip.

Keiko was in a tricky situation with Mirror almost six months ago. He was able to copy the fighting styles of many heroes, including her. She had to result to trickery to defeat him.

She could've died in a fiery explosion, or a stab straight to the heart, but noo. She had to die in the most boring way possible: kept off the ground by a pole as she slowly bled to death.

She wasn't even awake to meet her demise.

Such a boring way to die.

Fortunately for her, there were two boys on their way out of the zone, having defeated most of the villains in their area.

Kirishima and Bakugou were arguing — well, it's more like Bakugou's just shouting at Kirishima for talking too much and Kirishima apologizing with a toothy grin plastered on his face.

"Bakugou look!" Kirishim pointed to the front, where there was a large hole going all the way to the plaza.

"I know you damn extra," he grumbled from in front of the redhead (since he refused to walk behind). "Someone must be here."