{ 029 }

chapter xxix.

before we start, please be reminded that when it comes to the actions, Ninja will be the one described with the pronouns he/him. When the thinking and stuff happen, Keiko will return with the pronouns she/her.

thank you and enjoy :)

( hi bakugou, bye bakugou )

"So this is the place," Keiko mused, pulling the hood of another jacket that she may or may not have stolen from Aiko a little lower over her face and surveying the battered appearance of the abandoned building from her perch on the building beside it. "As expected of a covert operation."

It was late at night when Keiko was finally allowed by her immortal guardian to make her move. With the information she got from Edgeshot, there would be two groups in this plan: one to rescue Bakugou and capture the League, while the other takes over the spare Nomus at the location a tracker from a student - Yaoyorozu apparently - indicated.

She was where the people who were going to save Bakugou met in; it was just a matter of time before she makes her entrance.

How did she get here? Well, with the help of her... mentor, of course.

"Keiko," Edgeshot greeted as he stepped into her hospital room. "How have you been?"

The said girl scoffed, brushing her hair away from her face. "I'm perfectly fine. All I need from you is what I asked: the plan of the heroes to retrieve Bakugou."

The hero shook his head, a smile hidden under the mask of his costume. "Straight to the point like usual, I see."

Edgeshot told her what was mentioned above; the two groups and their purposes, their meetup areas, and the heroes participating in this operation.

Keiko soaked up all the new information as Astran listened in as well from the girl's mindscape, making some minor changes to their own plan on the way.

"So you'll be with the ones getting Bakugou?" Keiko clarified.

Edgeshot nodded. "I assume you'll be wanting to save Bakugou, so you better stay with us."

His one revealed eye pierced through the ravenette's gold ones, giving a hint of warning to her. "Remember, there are going to be things happening in this mission that you won't be able to undo when it's finished. Are you ready to go through all that and live with the consequences?"

Keiko took her time answering, gazing out the window and searching for something, anything that showed that she was making the wrong choice.

There was nothing. No one.

The corner of her lips twitched up a little. "Of course I am. I didn't become a vigilante for the fun of it. If this is the end, then this is the end. I'll welcome it and leave with a bang."

"Oh well, at least I know the floor number," Keiko grumbled, snapping herself out of her thoughts and stepping back on the roof.

Taking a deep breath and letting the Ninja mask cover her face with a tap on the device she had on her ear , she activated her quirk, running and taking a great leap over the street and slowing her descent with her glowing hands.

"Oh shit, shit, shit," she chanted, wobbling a little in the air as she neared the building.

Praying that she was in front of the right floor (hey, she lost count when she jumped), she dashed through the wall, her body becoming intangible as wisps of neon passed through the concrete and into the building, surprising the heroes and police officers inside.