{ 038 }

chapter xxxviii.

( the two big threes )

Life slowed to a lazy routine after the provisional license exam. It was a brief period where they could just relax and be normal teenagers without the weight of hero student duties on their shoulders.

Everyone made sure to not take this opportunity for granted; they lessened the training a bit, got to know other students and each other better.

Keiko was proud to say that she also took this time to have a break. The only times she actually rested were when she was grounded to a hospital bed, so she was glad that nothing was chaining her anywhere.

Well, except for the lack in vigilante work.

Ever since she stopped being Ninja, it felt like she was more relaxed and less on her toes. Though of course, she couldn't just abandon the habits she gained from her work as a vigilante, like how she still attacks when someone wakes her up or that she doesn't relax in public spaces, but it seemed she felt more at home in UA than before.

And just like her home, there was some chaos in UA as well.

Like when Bakugou and Midoriya fought each other after the provisional license exam.

They both got an earful from Iida and Aizawa, and were grounded for a week.

Although Keiko herself didn't know the exact details of their fight, she knew the gist of it. She knew Bakugou blamed himself for what happened to All Might, thinking that if he didn't get captured, All Might wouldn't have lost his power.

And she knew that Midoriya shared a secret with Bakugou, and although she wasn't sure what it was, she knew it had something to do with his quirk.

While the two childhood friends were on probation, the rest of the class continued with their studies and their training.

And they were introduced to the resident therapist, a hero named Hound-Dog, who can't speak properly when he's mad.

The mention of work studies also sparked 1A's interest, and the next day, when Midoriya returned to class, they were introduced to the strongest people in the prestigious hero school.

The Big Three.

Mirio Togata, Nejire Hado, and Tamaki Amajiki.

It was weird seeing them in uniform, since the last time Keiko saw them, they were in their hero suits or civilian clothing back in the competition in America.

Mirio had his usual Tintin expression on as he smiled in front of the class, displaying multiple scars on his arms from his years of ruthless training to become stronger.

Keiko knew Nejire was barely containing her curiosity and excitement as she scanned the class with overwhelming interest, her light blue hair swinging from side to side.

To the outside view, Tamaki looked intense and serious, but after spending a month with him as a roommate, Keiko was aware of the massive amount of nervousness and anxiety that he was feeling.

And it was just his luck that he was told to be the first one to introduce himself.

He looked up at them, pinning almost all of them down with an intense gaze. Keiko watched her classmates freeze up in fear, enjoying the sight way too much.

"Mirio, Nejire, it's not working," he muttered, making the class look at each other in confusion. "Even when I imagine their faces as potatoes, the rest of their bodies are still human."

He turned around, placing his forehead on the wall. "I want to go home."

"Eh?!" The whole class reacted in unison.