{ 009 }

chapter ix.

( sports festival: cavalry battle )

"Kobayashi-san!" Midoriya said worriedly, lightly shaking the unconscious form of our favorite ravenette

She's been in this state for about half a minute now, her breathing a little shallow but even, and her eyes closed.

"Midoriya!" Kirishima said, approaching the two with his brows furrowed with concern.

Todoroki watched from afar, not even worried for the ravenette because of his theories about her.

He knelt down beside the girl and shook her, but she didn't wake.

"What happened?" The redhead questioned.

"She was tumbling in here because of how fast she ran," Midoriya explained. "She might've passed out because of her quirk drawback."

"Oi Deku!" Bakugou sneered, walking toward them. "What the fuck did you do to northern lights?"

"K – Kacchan!" Midoriya stuttered, suddenly becoming nervous in the presence of his childhood trauma. "She — she passed out."

The ash blonde scoffed. Idiots, don't even know how to wake someone up, he thought, kneeling beside the girl and slapping her face.

His already sore muscles started hurting more after that.

"Bakugou!" Kirishima scolded. "You can't do that to a girl!"

Even with Kirishima's protests, Bakugou's method was effective. Keiko woke with a start, sitting up abruptly and making her forehead connect with Bakugou's with a bang.

"Ow..." she clutched her forehead and her cheek.

"The fuck did you do that for, bitch!" Bakugou said, also rubbing his head as he sat on the ground from the force of Keiko's headbutt. "Is this what I fucking get for waking you up?!"

"I didn't ask you to wake me up..." she muttered.

A headache came at her. It wasn't from the impact. It was from her drawback.

Thank god she took headache pills that morning so it won't be that strong, but it still hurt. She rarely suffers from her drawback, since she doesn't work her quirk to the max much anymore. It was a pain that she didn't really need.

She ran a hand through her hair with her eyes closing briefly, sighing.

"Thank you, Kirishima, Midoriya, but I'm fine now," she said, stumbling a little as she stood up on her own, rejecting the two sunshines' attempts at helping her.