{ 033 }

chapter xxxiii.

( back to ua? )

Days have passed since the Kamino Incident.

Days have passed since Keiko's trial.

Days have passed since Keiko was pronounced innocent from the crimes she was charged of.

And in those days, Keiko has done...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Don't get her wrong, Keiko was glad that she was able to get the rest that she desperately needed to recover from the drawbacks of her quirk (mainly exhaustion with a dash of oversensitivity of her senses), but when she was finally allowed to walk around the hospital, she soon became bored out of her mind.

Thank goodness people were visiting her; she mostly got visits from Shinso (who never failed to entertain her with stories and jokes that she never expected from him), her parents (who bring her actual stuff to entertain her, like books and notebooks and pens to write down anything that comes to mind), and Aizawa (who claimed to have visited her to formally apologize for UA's lack of efficiency in regards to their security but Keiko wanted to think that he developed a soft spot for her and wanted to see how she was doing).

The Phantoms wanted to visit, but they had to return to Shiketsu, since the school didn't momentarily pause academics unlike UA due to the fact that they weren't that affected from the Kamino Incident.

Although she was grateful for the people who came over, she wanted to hear from her friends — she had been calling with the Bakusquad (minus Bakugou but they've been texting), and from what they were saying, many of their classmates' parents were considering to transfer their children to other schools for their safety.

She was worried for them, but a small part of her was disgusted at herself because she knew fully well that some of the parents — maybe even some of her classmates — were hesitant to return to UA because of her specifically amongst other reasons.

The backlash she got from society was incredible; the people were divided evenly (not so evenly) into two groups — one that supported Keiko and her acts as both Ninja and Karma, and the other that wished she'd be put on death row.

Although it had lessened as the days droned on, some of her supporters and haters had gathered outside of the hospital, holding signs and shouting words Keiko couldn't see or hear due to the blurriness of the windows and the walls of the hospital, but she knew that they were either thanking her for her good deeds or shouting death threats.

Even social media, where she mostly visited in search of entertainment and to support the Phantoms and her friends, was still buzzing on about her trial, which was broadcasted in the news and was being written about in many articles — news and gossip alike.

She appreciated the support of (some of) the people, she really did — but the bad outweighed the good and there were more people wishing she'd just go insane and kill herself.

The girl tried not to let it get to her, but it was getting increasingly difficult to ignore — from the side eyes she was thrown in the hospital, to the sudden coldness from her nurse Hori who she thought was on her side, to people sending her hate messages in her social media direct messages, which caused her to change her settings and stop everyone from being able to message her privately on all her accounts except Discord since no one knew what her Discord tag was except for her friends who don't share it online.