{ 023 }

chapter xxiii.

( the race but swimming edition )

Summer break had started as the first semester had finally ended. The USJ attack, the sports festival, the Hero Killer incident, and the final exams are now part of the past. Every one of the students learned their lesson from each of the events and applied it to their training over the summer.

Keiko's summer vacation was, to keep it short, eventful. It was definitely one to remember, but that's a story for another time.

Rather, another book 😉.

After what had happened, Keiko decided to just lay low at Aiko's apartment and hang out with Ichiro and Kai for the remaining days of her summer break.

One day, however, she got a call from her friend Mina.

Her phone started ringing around nine in the morning, interrupting Keiko from her peaceful sleep on the couch.

"Who wants to talk to me this early in the morning..." Keiko groaned. She was laying on her stomach, her face hidden behind her hair. She simply stretched out her arm and grabbed her phone that laid on the coffee table, not even bothering to look at the caller ID before she answered.

"Keiko!" Mina's cheerful voice shouted in her ear, making Keiko pull the phone away a little.

What did I do to earn this ear abuse.

Waking up late.

Shut up. It's not even that late.

Yeah, right.

Wow, since when did you know how to use sarcasm?

I learned from the best. Is my use of it correct?

It is, Astran. It is.

"Mina," Keiko answered back, the difference in energy between the two girls very obvious. "What do you need?"

"Class A wants to have some training in a pool at UA before the training camp," Mina said excitedly. "You should come!"

Keiko huffed, sitting up and rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. "I don't know... I'm not that close to UA at the moment."

"Come on!" Mina whined. "You rarely go out with us!"

Keiko deadpanned. "I literally went to a mall with you guys before summer. I need a break."

Ichiro and Kai walked out of their respective rooms in their pajamas, both with wild hair, since Aiko was sleeping like a boulder in his room.

Keiko looked over her shoulder and waved at them in greeting.

Who's that? Ichiro mouthed, pointing at her phone.

Classmate, Keiko mouthed back. Wants me at UA for a swim.

"You should go," Kai's gruff morning voice cut through Ichiro and Keiko's silent conversation. "You could use the exercise."

Keiko sighed. "Are you calling me fat?" She whispered, covering her phone with her other hand.

"Yes," Kai replied instantly, while Ichiro facepalmed.

The white haired boy walked over to Keiko and swiftly swiped the device from her hand, raising it to his ear and raising a finger to silence Keiko's protests in an instant.

Never go against Mama Ichiro.

"Hello," a boy's sweet voice cut off the doubts of the girls, who were huddled around the phone as they waited anxiously for the girl's reply.