{ 026 }

chapter xxvi.

outfit is in the media above, excluding the necklace. enjoy the beginning of the chaos :)

( a visit from the vanguard action squad )

It was time for the event that the class was waiting for: the test of courage.

Keiko had almost forgot about that, had Astran not remind her when she was about to head back to the room she shared with the rest of the girls.

They would be going in by pair and would go through the path that was laid out for them, and they would go around as 1B would attempt to scare them without making direct contact, so basically just scare them using their quirks.

As boring as it was, Aizawa didn't seem keen on letting anyone out of the group without supervision, especially Keiko. Well, there was a bigger possibility of attacks from villains now that security was spread thin when it came to supervisors. Anything could happen.

Keiko sighed tiredly as she watched their homeroom teacher drag away the five students who would be taking extra classes, while Keiko grabbed a slip of paper from Pixie Bob with the number that would determine her partner.

She checked her number, finding a bold number 8 on her slip. She looked back at the class and found that everyone was already pairing up with their partners. The girl only saw one loner amongst the students.

Midoriya.

He looked like he was about to piss himself, and it was apparent that he forgot that there was still one extra student and thought that he would have to suffer alone.

"Izuku," Keiko called out to him.

Izuku deflated in relief. "Keiko. I thought that I — I would have to go in there alone."

Keiko scoffed lightly, wrapping the front of her jacket around her stomach and holding it in plave with her crossed arms. "It might do you some good. Build up that courage you know."

Izuku chuckled nervously. "Are — Are you not scared?"

Keiko thought about it for a moment before giving him a close-eyed smile and saying, "Nope. I just want to sleep."

Izuku stayed silent and nodded, since he didn't really know how to respond to that.

The ravenette dropped her act and sniffed the air. Strangely, a waft of smoke entered her nostrils.

"Pixie Bob," Keiko called to the closest hero to her, making her turn towards her. "There's something off."

Pixie Bob hummed confusedly, before she too sniffed the air. "Smoke..."

Keiko looked in the air.

"There's smoke," Midoriya said, looking around. "How did a fire start?"

Keiko narrowed her eyes at the flickers of ash that glowed blue for a second before disappearing into the night. "This isn't a normal fire."

"Wha — Hey!"

Keiko looked over, her gaze sharpening into a glare when she saw Pixie Bob get pulled away by a telekinetic quirk of some sort.

"How did..." Mineta gulped, terror washing over the remaining students as they stared at the two villains in front of them: a person with long brown hair, thick lips, and shades, and a lizard that looked like a combination of a ninja turtle and Stain. One had a block of concrete on Pixie Bob's temple.