{ 025 }

chapter xxv.

( into the thick of it — the mountain, i mean )

Bright and early the next day, as the sun stretched and rose from its blanket of darkness, Class 1A stood, groggy and still full of sleep.

Aizawa woke them up early on the second day of the training camp, where the real training would begin as he said the day before.

"Good morning," Aizawa greeted his half-asleep students. "Today, we'll start the real training."

Keiko, who was up late into the night because of her bad sleeping habits, was dozing off while standing, the eye bags under her eyes a little more prominent than before from all the recent events.

What really brought her back to life, though, was the big explosion that went off a few meters from her.

She woke with a start, her eyes wide open as she flinched forward and almost lost her balance.

709.6 meters," Aizawa was saying, holding up a device that showed the numbers he had just recited.

Everyone started muttering, while Keiko just stood there, an invisible question mark floating above her head as she wondered what on earth was happening.

Your teacher was simply explaining what the content of your future training will be in this training camp.

Oh ok. Thanks.

"Kobayashi," Aizawa called, bringing Keiko's mind back to the ground. "Here."

She caught the ball thrown at her clumsily, still not fully recovered from the sudden interruption of her sleep.

"What do I do with this?" Keiko asked, feeling quite stupid for not listening but shaking off the feeling.

"Oh right, you weren't there during the quirk assessment test." Realization dawned Keiko's red-haired friend Kirishima.

Aizawa pointed at the ball. "Throw this as hard as you can with the help of your quirk. Try to beat Bakugou's score."

Keiko smirked. "That won't be hard."

"Wanna fight, northern lights?" Bakugou growled, glaring at his friend — I mean, classmate. He doesn't consider her his equal.

Totally not.

Keiko made it look like she was pondering the offer, before facing his direction and giving him a closed eyed smile. "No thank you."

She sharply turned back forward, using the momentum of her body to throw the ball in the air with her glowing hand.

It shot skywards, a faint trail of smoke following in its wake.

Aizawa showed the stunned class the device with the ravenette's score on it. "713.4 meters."

"She beat Bakugou!" Mina cheered while the rest of the class looked slightly surprised, wrapping her arm around Keiko's waist and resting her head on her shoulder.

Kaminari turned to the fuming ash blonde, a cheeky smile making its way onto his face. "Well it seems you aren't at the top of everything," Kaminari remarked. "You also didn't top at the midter —"

"YOU WANT TO DIE YOU STUPID FUCKING PIKACHU LOOKING FUCK TURD?!"

Whew, that sounded like a mouthful.

Keiko turned to Aizawa. "Uh, why did I have to do that?"

"As an example," he said, turning to the rest of the class. "You've been training in UA for three months now. It's true that you've improved from some experiences, but only on a mental and physical level. And some stamina of course."