Chapter Two: Initiation

An alarm brought Kumiko out of her dream state and into being awake. She stretched her arms into the air before swinging her legs over her bed and standing.

Whistling a merry tune, she trotted to the bathroom to shower, bringing clothes along the way. She thoroughly washed her hair, using a jasmine scented soap.

After exiting the shower, she dried herself off and began to dress herself in the flowing red fire dancer uniform. Her skirt was light and comfortable as she swayed in it before hearing her mother call.

"Coming!" With a final step, Kumiko attached a pearl bracelet and a pretty pink opal necklace

Kumiko came to see her family sitting at the dining table, with breakfast spread out. Smiling widely, she sat down, stuffing her face with delicious fried egg and buttered toast.

After eating, Emiko helped her pack her bags into the car and everybody stuffed themselves into the car. Katashi drove while Hotaru was the passenger and the sisters sat in back.

Eventually they came to a stop outside of a tall building, at least five stories. The steps looked as if marble and the wooden arches lovingly crafted. Cherry blossom leaves fell everywhere as Kumiko looked longingly at the school.

Everyone stepped out of the car, surrounding the young fire dancer.

Hotaru stepped to her first, enveloping her in a gentle hug, encasing her in warmth.

"Now please eat well, get good sleep... be a good student, no slacking."

"Yes ma. I've got it."

As Hotaru stepped away, Katashi came forward to wrap her in a bear hug of his own.

"Now don't get too busy for your folks, okay?!"

Laughing, Kumiko nodded. "I'm never too busy for my family Pa."

He too stepped back, wiping tears away with a grin.

Lastly Kumiko turned to her sister, grinning. "Wanna help me inside?"

"Heh, fine but you carry your own damn bags."

"Yeah, yeah."

The two walked towards the door, Emiko behind her as they strutted to the door...

But just as Kumiko reached the door and turned to share a joke with Emiko...

A hand came from inside the door...

Snatched her by the arm...

And dragged her inside, closing the door that separated the two sisters...

For the unforeseen future.

And as she collided against the person who dragged her inside, her back to their chest, she felt the sharp pain in her neck... almost like an injection.

Before long... everything went dark but not before a sickly sweet voice rang out.

"Welcome to Success Granted High School... Kumiko Katori."