Chapter Fourty Four: Cherry Blosson

Kumiko, upon hearing the morning announcement, sat straight up in bed before getting up. She grabbed a special outfit that her sister once sewn for her.

It was a pair of maroon leggings with a black sash draped over it. That with a black tank top and a glittering red see-through puffy jacket on top of it. She also took her fire whip, attaching it to her hip, and her rod as well. The final article of clothing were her black heels that Emiko packed her.

She was ready for a fight.

Exiting the room, she made her way to the cafeteria where the others waited. Entering, she wasn't even phased at Misaki swinging from vent to vent.

Why? Cuz Misaki.

"Woah miss ma'am! Looking good! What's the occasion?"

"Guys. Today I'm ending the killing game." With that one statement, a brave smile on her face, stopped everyone's actions.

"Uh what does friend mean?" Kaori asked confused.

"We've lost enough people. Today everything ends. Either for us or for them."

"Well said sweet cheeks!"

Turning around calmly, Kumiko caught Shockbolt standing by the doorway. He seemed to notice her newfound confidence and grinned.

"So you wanna do the final tango with me, ay? You do know there will be some rules, don'tcha?"

"Bring it on. I'm tired of your games." Kumiko said back to the awful creature that had been torturing them all.

"Alright you asked for this! Listen up, all of you! You will be under a time limit to finding out clues for this final showdown. That means to both my identity and why I've done this. Youse gotta figure it ALL out. If you're not able to, it's game over... for ALL of you."

Silence met around the cafeteria until the familiar nasally voice of Hiroko chimed in. "What the hell, I'm in."

Looking over she gave a wide grin to her friend. "Thanks bestie."

"Hell yeah! Let's kick this shitshow off the ground!" Aiyanna pumped her fist in the air, ready to end this all.

"M, me too! You hurt my friends far t, too much! Now you go away!" Kaori announced bravely.

"You can't forget this wacko! Lemme at em! I got a kid to get back to and I won't let anyone stand in my way!" Misaki screamed, beating her own chest, like some kind of gorilla.

"You heard em, Shockbolt. This ends now."

"Alrighty then. You may have... 45 minutes for it all. That should be enough time for you to gather all the evidence you need! Remember to use past events and memories. I will also unlock the attic but the kids stay THERE. Understand?"

"Only 45 minutes?!"

"Yup so you better hurry up cuz your time starts... NOW!"

Everyone rushed out of the room, Kumiko heading to her dorm to see if there were any changes when she saw all the dorms had been opened. Rushing in everyone's room, she couldn't find much of anything but as she passed other floors, she saw the janitorial closet and decided to take a look inside.

Inside, she found a journal.

May 14 Kochi and Me set up the school. I really don't like doing this. But... if I can bring attention and save even one child, I'll do it. If I have to kill a few teens to save millions of kids from abuse and neglect... so fucking be it.

May 26 I've gained 3 pounds. Mom kept forcing my mouth open while dad forced the cake down my throat. Now I gained 3 pounds and they've left me in the basement. They gave me a few doses of rat poison so I can keep throwing up. I hate them. Brother laughs at me as he eats the food I make

I really hate them.

June 2nd listen to the children. They'll tell you who I am. I don't like hurting people. I'm suppose to be sweet and kind... but they ruined me. Luckily father found me, Kochi and the others. He'll save us.

June 8th I went to the doctors today. Because of my own family I have anorexia, bulimia, and rumination disorder. My hair is falling out they say and I have close to no muscles left.

I'll save the children. Cuz these parents, ones like mine, surely wont.

Listen to the children?

The attic!

Running upstairs to the attic, Kumiko found the children, looking even more hungry and tired. She fell to her knees, urging them to approach her.

"Hi guys, I'm Kumiko. Today all of this ends but I found something saying you know the identity of the mastermind. Can you tell me?"

They looked at one another before they began the same chant as before.

"Are we allowed out yet?"

"I'm so hungry."

"You can't be here."

"Am I dead?"

"Never living."

"Never dying."

"Are you an angel?"

"Are we allowed out yet?"

"I'm so hungry."

"You can't be here."

"Am I dead?"

"Never living."

"Never dying."

"Are you an angel?"

They just kept saying it over and over.

"You guys are trying to say something but I don't understand it!" Kumiko groaned, pulling her hair before something in her mind clicked.

The first letter of each chant.

And then 2 memories hit her like a freight train.

When I was in my room before the medication was taken, who was with me?

And I caught someone puking, didn't I?

No... this can't be true...

"Wowzers! Time sure flies when you're having fun! But alas, the time for fun is over and now the time for the final showdown is here! Get down to the trophy room ASAP!"

Still reeling from her realization, she turned to the door before stopping. She looked back at the kids and spoke.

"Before today is over, you will go home. You will be fed again, feel your parent's loving hugs, and sleep in a warm bed. Believe in me, as I think I know what you were trying to say. Be strong... it's almost over."

Not knowing if the mastermind would close the door, Kumiko left a random brick in the way of the door closing. No way she'd leave those kids.

And with that she made a final trek to the trophy room. Where the others waited for her and smiled as she entered.

"Let's get this show on the road!"

Without hesitating, he flipped the lever once more. This time, everyone landed on their feet, although some crouched on their landing. Then standing, the five made a united stance against the evil fox.

"Ladies and gent, it's time for the final trial against me, Shockbolt! Lets see whatcha got!"

It's time.

Time for a shocking betrayal, a shocking kill, a shocking heartbreak, a shocking revelation...

A shocking class trial.