Chapter Nineteen: Windstorm

Kumiko and the others raced up the stairs, trying to get to the door that they were able to go outside before with. The screams and cries of their families echoed beyond the stone walls, and finally they reached the doors. Jiro kicked open the door, gritting his teeth.

They rushed outside, all of them separating at the sound of a loud bang before a small object whizzed past them, almost nailing Maiko in the shoulder.

A bullet.

They looked to where the item came from and everyone's mouth dropped open.

Army men and women had their guns drawn and their families had their own weapons, mainly objects from home.

Chainsaws, bats, knives, gardening shears... and other common household items.

Everyone was quiet, searching for their own children until...

"MINATO!!"

The same man and woman that picked up Daisuke stepped forward. The mom was swiveling her head, trying to locate her only other son while the husband had his head down, shaking.

"Benito?!" An elderly woman came next, large glasses occupying her face and a dark blue nightie. She looked around for the dark skinned boy, confusion in her features.

"Hey asshole! Where's Minato!" The father screamed in anguish.

"Hey pops! Man, we had a willld ride with Minny and BonBon! But now it's time for a lovely reunion with our deadbeat boys!"

Without warning, the three people screamed as two bodies fell from the sky. Each body, one half of each boy, stitched to the other half, stared at their parental figures. Everyone stared in silence and horror at the two Frankenstein like boys.

Until the grandmother of Benito Koda came to him.

"B, Benito? Why... are you..." She reached a frail hand towards him and flinched when meeting ice cold skin.

"B, Benito?? You're much... too cold... where is my beautiful boy? Benito?! BENITO!!"

And with her desperate cry, hell broke loose.

The students dropped as bullets flew, each one clattering against the stone walls. The smell of electricity and singed flesh filled the air. Bats swung only being knocked back by the fence and the chains of the chainsaws broke from said fence.

No one could get through.

Finally the bullets stopped and the students took the chance to run to their parents, siblings and family members.

"KUMIKO!!"

She ran to the fence where her own family was, tears cascading down her face.

"Sis! Ma, Pa!"

Her fingers reached through the fence, intertwined with her siblings.

"Kumiko, are you okay?!" Emiko checked her sister over, for any wounds or medical necessity.

"I'm, I'm alright..." Kumiko's voice was low and raspy, no doubt from her own screams.

"Are you sure? How do you feel? God, I was ready to kill that animal for taking your medicine away!" Katashi nearly growled in anger, his protectiveness clear.

"I mean, I don't exactly feel great, per say. But I'll be okay now. Hey, Emi?"

"Yeah?"

"Were you able to find any information on the school since our last chat?"

"Yeah actually. So this is a fake Hope's Peak Academy, made for, it seems, to construct killing games. But that's not all."

"What else?"