Chapter Fourty Three: Choices

The five students rushed to the stairs, hearing the cries of their friends, family and loved ones. Kaori, being the first to reach the door, slammed into it. The force of the bulky baker's shoulder being shoved into the door caused it to swing open, granting access to the remaining peers.

As soon as Kumiko stepped outside, she was surprised as a whizzing sound filled the air and Aiyanna's small weight tackled her to the ground.

"W, what the heck?!" Kumiko yelled at her friend.

"O, our families brought gunmen... they started shooting the moment we stepped outside."

Sitting up, Kumiko looked at the door behind her, which was littered with bullet holes. The two anxiety riddled females stood up, and Kumiko surveyed whom had arrived.

Kumiko's three family members...

Hiroko's aunt...

Kaori's mom, who had also brought Cookie and Misaki's little brother...

Several of Aiyanna's oldest children that she oversees...

Ryozo's little sister...

Gin's father, who had three slobbering St. Bernards with him...

And Akiko's parents...

Behind these people were several hundred gunmen, each readying a rifle and ready to take down whomever was behind this.

"Wow that wasn't a very nice welcome wagon. Ay, sweet cheeks! They make swiss cheese outta you or nah?"

They all heard the sickly sweet voice of Shockbolt and as Emiko found the source, she pointed and screamed.

"There he is!"

At her call the gunmen pointed their weapons upwards as they caught sight of the fox. He was simply sitting on the railing of the balcony, swinging his stubby legs back and forth as his two tails swung behind him.

"That's right doll face! Here I am!"

Taking aim, the rifles went off, unleashing round after round. But as they soon found out...

Shockbolt was reflective.

The bullets simply bounced off, going in random directions. As the reflected bullets were dug into grass, brick and metal alike, the gunmen stopped, not risking the civilians.

"Now that's better! Where were we... ah, I remember! Will the family members of Ms. Matsumaru, Mr. Bando and Mr. Jin/Katasha please come forward? I have a presentttttt!"

The announced family members came forward, albeit shakily and uncertain. Soon enough the 14 year old girl, Ryozo's sister, spoke.

"Um... m, mister Shockbolt? Where's my brother? I, I don't see him anywhere."

Soon the mechanical fox appeared in front of her, showing off a maniacal grin.

"Ah well little miss, why don't I let him out! Then you'll get to see him reeeeal close up!"

Without hesitating, he snapped his fingers and screams sounded as 4 life less bodies fell, two of them still cuffed. The teenage girl, though terrified, was pushed forward by the Matsumaru adults.

Cowards.

Shaking, the girl turned over one of the bodies, trying to see who it was. When she did, she let out a scream.

"Oops sorry, that was the leftover one. Go ahead and check who that one is cuffed to!"

Pale and shaking even more now, the girl turned over the corpse's counterpart... and within a moment she lurched back with an even louder scream.