Chapter Five: Exploration

"Alright Boys and Girls! Ladies and Gents! Lassies and Lads! It's time to devote yourselves to a new day here at Success Granted Academy!"

Kumiko shot upwards in her bed, hearing Shockbolt's voice. However after looking around she saw no sign of the fox, determining that his voice came from a speaker.

Standing up, She stretched her limbs and saw something she did not before. There was a bathroom connected to her room.

She trodded to her newly found bathroom and quickly put her hair up. She winced at seeing the mark on her arm from when her captor grabbed her.

Sighing she went back to the other room to toss on a fresh set of clothes. From there she slipped on a pair of her sandals and headed out.

Swiping the card, she stepped outside...

Only to duck from an upcoming fist.

What the-?!

"Oh goodness! Kumiko I am so sorry, are you ok?!" Looking up from her crouched position, Kumiko realized it was Hiroko.

Standing, Kumiko dusted herself off. "Hiroko?"

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I was about to knock but you stepped outside right as I was about to. Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm alright. So... is everything ok?"

"Yeah I came to get you since everyone is at the Gymnasium and waiting."

"Oh thank you! Would you like to walk together?"

"Why certainly. Let's go shall we?"

Walking side by side, the girls were in a comfortable silence until Hiroko spoke.

"You have anxiety don't you?"

Looking at Hiroko, Kumiko nodded. "Yeah, I've had it since-"

"Since your parent's death correct?"

Startled, Kumiko stopped and stared at Hiroko, eyes narrowed. Hiroko must have noticed the lack of footsteps because she turned around.

"How did..."

"I think you forgot. I'm Hiroko Kusu, the Ultimate Researcher. I researched all my classmates before coming here."

Feeling silly for being so suspicious, Kumiko turned pink. "Ahh right. Sorry."

"It's perfectly fine. In this kind of situation, I'd be more concerned if you weren't at least a little suspicious of people."

They both shared a light chuckle before continuing to the Gymnasium. Finally they reached their destination and headed on inside.

The other students turned to Kumiko and Hiroko, the former embarrassed by all the eyes on her.

"Hi everyone. Good morning." Kumiko greeted, polite and kind.

"Ayy morning sunshine." Minato flashed his pearly white teeth at her, making the other girls groan.

"Stop trying to get into every girl's pants, Minato." Yui scolded at the boy.

"Not my fault everyone is so pretty." He fluttered his eyes at her.

"Good morning Spitfire. How'd ya sleep?" Ryozo offered a lazy smile.

"I slept well Ryozo thank you. And yourself?"

"Eh, good as I could, I suppose."

"So, I'd like to make a plan with our... predicament." Kei announced, her words spoken with authority.