Chapter Fourty Two: Poisonous Skin

As everyone stood at their podiums, Kumiko looked at her friends, one by one. First, she looked to Hiroko. The blond who was chained to her during the recent motive and had always had her back, often being the key to solving trials. Then she looked to Kaori. Always so childish and upbeat, he'd offer sweets and baked goods to cheer his friends up. Next was Aiyanna. Her extremely skinny friend who she'd caught forcing herself to puke, but also was the kindest person she knew, always helping those around her. After her, she looked at Ryozo. The boy who had flirted with her since day one and deflected Minato's perviness and Kenta's attacks on her person. And lastly her eyes found Misaki. Whom was known for her silliness in every scenario until it became apparent she'd mother her late girlfriend's baby, then she seemed to mature in the span of a single night.

One of these people... had killed Gin Bando and Akiko Matsumaru.

"Ok let's get things started in here. Alibis first, right?" Aiyanna double checked.

"Correct. I was with Kumiko, walking to my dorm. Even though we woke up late, we were still tired, so went to sleep." Hiroko said confidently, knowing there was no way she was wrong.

"Okie! Me and friend were together in art r, room. We were painting pictures a, and I made a sunflower! S, she made a fairy, I think." Kaori spoke, showing his painting as proof, frowning as he saw the paint smeared in the bag.

"Aw don't worry, Rori! We can paint another time after this! But yeah we were painting, and this was mine." Pulling out her own painting, Aiyanna confirmed both of their alibis.

"Alright then. Guess we're up next. Me and Misaki were doing laundry when she complained how she had a headache. I took her down to my dorm so she could rest and watched over her, like I did for Kumiko in the second motive." Ryozo spoke with his own explanation, causing Misaki to swivel her head.

"No I... I didn't... that doesn't make sense!" Misaki shouted, brows bunched up.

"What doesn't, Saki?" Kumiko asked, head tilted in question.

"That didn't happen, I swear! I, I was doing laundry with him yes but that's the last thing I remember! Something isn't adding up!"

"Damn being with all those chemicals must have messed you up, chica." Ryozo smirked.

"Shush! I, I don't trust you! How did I go from doing laundry to waking up from the body discovery announcement?!"

"Where did you wake up, Misaki?" Hiroko asked.

"I woke up in his dorm..." She answered uncertainly.

"Just like I said. Are you feeling OK Saki?" Ryozo asked, lifting a hand as if to feel for a fever on the bomb dismantler.

"Let's just move on. Why don't we talk about something that's been bothering me?" Hiroko asked.

"W, what's that?" Kaori stuttered.

"The laundry. Who had theirs done first?"

"Why does that matter?" Misaki asked, curious.

"Just trust me, it does. Who was it, you or Ryozo?"

"I suppose that'd be me." Ryozo said.

"Interesting. Why was it that it was never moved?"

"Never got to it I guess." Ryozo shrugged, his shirt catching Hiroko's attention.

"Is, is that cinnamon on your shirt? And a patch of spilled bleach?" She asked, horrified.

"I mean, probably? I don't really pay attention to my clothes." He said, scratching the back of his neck.