Chapter Seventeen: Dual Destiny

As Kumiko felt herself being carried in a room, she opened her blurred eyes to see Ryozo's room again. Groaning, she sat up, seeing the boy sit next to her.

"Hey champ. You feeling okay?"

"I feel weird. And hungry, definitely hungry."

"Here. I snagged some of Kaori's apple cinnamon donuts from the other day."

"Thanks, Ryozo." Taking the delicacy, she ate quickly as her stomach rumbled.

"I'm really warm... can I have something to cool down with?"

"Shit right, the fever. One sec." Watching him run around made Kumiko smile.

It's nice to be worried about.

"Here, its got ice water soaking it so it'll be really cold. Keep it on your forehead, okay?"

Applying it to her head, she immediately felt the relief. Feeling another side effect hit her, she stood quickly.

"Kumiko?"

"Move!"

Rushing past her friend, she knelt next to the toilet and immediately regurgitated the donuts she just ate.

Ah, how could I forget? Nausea...

"Jeez girlie. You okay?" She felt him give her tiny circular rubs on her back to aid her.

"Uh... yeah,yeah I'm okay." Sitting back, she felt him reapply the rag to her head again before being picked up and placed on the bed.

"I know you just woke up, but it's better to sleep away your withdrawal symptoms than be awake for them. Plus I know you've gotta be tired."

"Yeah... I just feel weird sleeping even though I just woke up." She gave a half smile at how she felt.

"Yeah, I understand. But once all that shit is out of your system, you'll feel better, I promise."

He unfolded the covers and gestured to the bed. "If you want, take a nap here. I'll be on standby if you need anything... or rather, on sitby."

Rubbing her eyes, Kumiko chuckled. "Alright Ozo. Can I have a new rag though for the fever?"

"Sure thing, spitfire."

Ringing out the old water and wetting it again, he quickly returned with it. Kumiko layed down, with the rag on her forehead, and quickly settled back into sleep...

Not for long though.

Tossing and turning, she felt her body recoiling with aches and pains. And then?

She heard a scream.

Jolting herself awake, she looked for where the scream came from. She looked up to see Ryozo, looking anxious and on guard.

"Ozo? What was that?"

"I don't know, but it can't be good. Do you wanna see what it was?"

"Yeah, maybe someone got hurt! We should make sure everyone is okay."

Nodding, Ryozo helped Kumiko off the bed and the two left the room. They barely had even left the doorway when alarms blared, all too familiar to the two.

Alarm. Alarm. Alarm.

Dead body found in Astronomy Room. Found by Akiko Matsumaru.

Report to the Astronomy Room immediately.

They didn't even have time to take half a step though... when another alarm played.

Alarm. Alarm. Alarm.