Chapter Fourteen: Calm Before the Storm

"What do you mean by plan, exactly?" Benny asked, curious.

"Look, I know no matter what I say, I can not stop a murder or have us all work together. That's just not possible, considering how different everyone here is." Kei reasoned.

Everyone was silent, knowing that this statement was true.

"What I can do however, is do my best to keep everyone calm or everyone busy in order to put off a kill for as long as I can. Maybe not forever but it's at least a step in the right direction."

"Where are you going with this exactly?" Kenta asked, looking bored.

"Where I'm going with this, is keep busy and keep calm. Shockbolt WILL come back with a new motive to entice us to kill. That I'm sure of. However are you really so weak and gullible, to risk never seeing your friends, your family or anyone else again... cause you couldn't be strong enough to resist the cockroach that he is?"

Kei asked with an air of superiority as she stared down Kenta, almost as if saying:

Are you that weak, Kenta?

Scoffing, Kenta answered. "Kch, I'm not weak at all."

"Good then fucking prove it." Turning to everyone else, Kei nodded. "Do with yourselves what you want but just remember what I've said here today."

"Do not be so easily deceived."

With that, she was gone as quickly as she came and the others quickly left after her.

Sighing, Kumiko rubbed her temples in the midst of her anxiety before leaving to go find the phone.

Maybe a call with my sis would calm me.

Entering the room, she noticed someone else in the chair...

Akiko.

But she was shaking heavily and crying loudly, sobs wreaking havoc on her body.

"Y, y, yes I... no. No I won't! He was a good guy even... even if you two couldn't see that!"

I have never seen Akiko so upset, I wonder what happened...

"Hey." Startled, Kumiko whipped around to see Hiroko.

"Oh hey Hiroko. Do you know why she's so upset?"

"Yeah. Me and her were just looking at the Japanese killing game and... I guess the second set of kills are done."

"Oh no..."

"Yeah from what I read, her brother Kikuji was the victim and some pompous theater guy killed him."

"Oh gosh. Poor Kiki..."

They both turned to see Akiko shout in the phone. "SO WHAT?! I, I can't believe how selfish you two are! He's dead and you're happy about it?! God, I can only imagine how you would act about me. At this rate I hope I don't escape..."

"Why? Cuz then I wouldn't have to deal with you two everyday!"

Hanging up violently, Akiko slumped in the chair, with heartbreaking cries filling the air before Hiroko stepped forward.

"Hey Akiko. How about you and me get some hot chocolate and bring some to Benny? I'm sure he'd like some too."

"O, okay..."

Giving a small smile to Akiko, she watched the two walk off before sighing heavily.

Well might as well call up my family now...