Chapter Ten: Bloodied Knife

Kumiko was startled by an alarm blaring, plugging her ears.

Alarm. Alarm. Alarm.

Dead body found in Kitchen . Found by Kumiko Katori.

Report to the Kitchen immediately.

As the siren ended, Kumiko unplugged her ears and got off from the floor. Her hands shook, breathing sped up. Her whole body quivered as she covered her mouth, tears falling. She put her hands into her pocket, feeling the rubber stressball. She was clenching and unclenching it so quick that her palms slipped from how sweaty her palms were.

"Kumiko!" She felt skinny arms wrap around her. She was turned away from the sight by Aiyanna, who wrapped her in a hug.

"He...Daisuke is..."

"I know..." Kumiko felt Aiyanna crying as the tears hit her bare shoulder. As everyone came in, Kumiko heard the gasps of shock from everyone.

Until someone else came in.

"Hey guys? Has... has anyone seen Da-" Kumiko looked up to see Minato, staring at the corpse of his older brother. His face was slack, a pale white. His eyes were trained on his unresponsive brother.

Stepping forward, Minato forced a laugh. "C'mon bro. It's not funny. Time to get up."

After a few seconds, Minato's chuckle died and a frown marred his face. "Suke?"

Kneeling, he began to shake his sibling. However when he felt how cold his brother was, and saw Daisuke's head slump to the right, his attitude changed.

"Daisuke?! C'mon this isn't fucking funny! Get up!"

Gin stepped forward to wrench Minato away as he began to fight to get back to Daisuke.

"No! How am I going to go home Daisuke?! I was supposed to go home with you! How the fuck am I supposed to go home now?!"

"How am I supposed to tell mom and dad?! How do I..."

Minato shook in Gin's embrace, choking back sobs. "You can't... you... you can't do this..."

"Oh but I can pretty boy!"

Everyone spins around except Minato who is still shaking. They see the mechanical animal, Shockbolt, holding numerous files.

"What's wrong Adonis? Sorry to say no amount of charm will bring his ugly ass back!"

"Why did this happen?" Minato choked out.

"Did all that seawater seep into your brain?? A murder has taken place cuz one of youse bastards needed to get out!"

"So what happens now?" Akiko shyly asked.

"Well everyone now gets a file of the victim. It has the death details and 2 details no one knew about the victim inside. After such, you have a limited time to investigate the body and school for clues to solve the murder. After which, you shall participate in a class trial to argue over the killer! And depending on majority vote, will determine if you guys picked the right killer or the SHOCKINGLY WRONG ONE!"

Shockbolt tossed everyone a file, Minato's landing on the floor.

"Let the investigation... BEGINNNN!"

With that, the animatronic left them to go who knows where. Leaving the remaining students to mourn Daisuke Hattori, the Ultimate Mountain Climber.

Until Kei spoke.