Playing Babysitter

It turned out the hurricane shook everyone up a little, because the next day in school, we got no homework, no work, no nothing. Our only task was a "Leadership Group" which was basically just babysitting the Vegimals and taking them from place to place with one of those little ropes. Squirt and I were supposed to take a few Vegimals on one of those preschool ropes; first to Inkling's, then to PE and Music, and then to Shellington's, I guess it was a way of keeping our minds off of the hurricane, since the Vegimals were so cute, and they were quite the handful at times. We brought them to the Professor's, where he taught them all basic reading skills and history, combined with the lack of sleep I had the night before, I was close to dozing off during this, but Squirt being the nice guy he is, shook me awake whenever I did. After that, we walked them to the Game Pod, where the Captain made them lift weights, and then made us lift heavier ones to show the Vegimals that if we could do it, they could too. Then to Peso, who played the xylophone for them. They loved it, dancing and chirping along to the tune. The one con of watching the Vegimals was that we were required to count them every 15 minutes, which got very tiresome at times, especially when about 5 of them needed to go to the bathroom. After we finally got them to Shellington's, just as Pinto and Koshi were leaving with their brood of Vegimals, resulting in a Vegimal collision, meaning the Vegimals ran into each other and collapsed, (Cue the Sex Pistols song Silly Thing!) After we got all the Vegimals off of the ground and back in line, and Squirt and Pinto kept me and Koshi from fighting. Shellington gave each of the Vegimals a magnifying glass, and told them to explore everything and take notes. While that kept them busy, he pulled Squirt and me aside for a second. 
"I want to thank you for taking such good care of the Vegimals. They were a little shaken after what happened last night. Good job, both of you!" He said, beaming. "Let's go check what they found-Oh no, Grouber, that's not food!" We ran to keep him from putting the bunsen burner in his mouth. After a couple more of related incidents, Squirt and I ushered the Vegimals to extracurricular activities, that went quite well, not counting when a Vegimal got their head stuck in one of Tweak's machines. After that was taken care of, we took them to Dashi's photography class, which I could never behave myself in. Squirt knew this as a fact, so he took them to the class by himself, while I prepared lunch for them with Shellington. After we were about half done, Pinto came in and plopped down on a seat. 
"These Vegimals are driving me crazy," He groaned, "How do you two put up with them?"
I laughed, "Well they are cute, and they aren't that bad, I'll bet you rather have them follow you everywhere than have Koshi and Squirt constantly boss you around."
"Yep I guess." He laughed too. "Look's like Leadership Day was a success!"