Busted

Like any normal creature would in this scenario, we bolted. Soon enough, we heard the yell.

"Jane! Pinto! Come back here right this instant!" We both knew from experience that an angry octopus wasn't something you wanted to be in the vicinity of.

"Split up?" Pinto yelled towards me, and I could not deny that it was good idea. We'd have to be idiots to go anywhere near our rooms. I gave him a thumbs up and ran in the direction of the Launch Bay. He went in the direction of Kwazii's room. Tweak was in her workshop, so I quietly stepped into the Gup S, which was there even though we weren't in the Arctic or Antarctic.

Stupid me thought that I could've safely stepped into the Gup S and hid, but no, Tweak had an alarm, a super loud alarm in the Gup S that blasted my eardrums to pieces and left a ringing sensation in them. That wasn't the end of it though. When my ears finally stopped complaining too much, a heavy metal screwdriver flew across the room, hit the wall right next to me, missing me by inches.

"I know you're in there! Get out of the Gup you stupid cat!" Oh, so she thought I was Kwazii. That's not embarrassing at all. The sound of heavy boots to my
left startled me. Oh, so she wasn't kidding. I carefully slipped out of my hiding place, bracing for a heavy too lol to the head. It didn't come. She did a double take as I stepped out from behind the wall.

"Jane!" She startled and placed her paw over her heart, "What are you doing?! I could've hit you, baby!" Anything with any resemblance to coherent speech was wiped out of me. If I told her, I'd be in deep crap but she got the idea.

"You pranked someone, didn't you?" Yep, she knew me too well.

"Nope." The lie came out before I muffled it. She was having none of it.

"What did you do this time, lil hellhound?" Well, now was time to confess.

"Pinto and I duct taped all Squirt's and Koshi's books to the ceiling of Inkling's library." Tweak stared at me for a few moments with an unreadable expression. Then she burst out in a fit of laughter, completely taking me aback. I there for a while,

"Oh- oh," She gasped once her laughter had died down, "You little- Oh, you're gonna be the reason Dashi gets her first white hair before she's 20!"  The poor soul getting their first white hair in question had stormed into the Launch Bay, and called out.

"Janine Doxter! Come out of the Gup S right this instant!" Ah, full name and the 'right this instant'. I'm f-ed. I cautiously placed one foot outside of the Gup S. It felt like stepping into an inferno. Yeah, I'd much rather brave the cold the Gup S was built for than face my sister when she's angry (which doesn't happen often).

"You are going to be getting each and every one of those books down from the ceiling, understand?"

"Yeah Dashi, I understand, Saumensch" I whispered the last word under my breath. This was going to be "fun", "can't wait".