Bad Ideas Lead to Trouble

"Pinto!" We all called out, desperately trying to find him, "Where are you?" until I caught a small black flipper peeking out from behind the bus.
I followed it quickly but quietly, and ran chest first into Pinto.
"What are you doing?!" I asked him. He just put his flipper up to his beak in a shush sign, and whispered,
"Go back out there, I'll show you!" I left uncertainly, with no idea on what he was planning. But as I walked out from behind the bus, I saw Bella telling Koshi and Squirt, 
"I'm sure I saw him on the bus this morning, where could he be?" They shrugged and kept looking until Squirt's head snapped around,
"Bella, maybe he followed Peso on accident!" Bella stopped what she was doing, and focused all her attention on him.
"Maybe, Squirt, you're what's considered a genius, buddy! Let's go! Jane, Koshi, stay here in case he comes back!" I saluted her, what on earth did Pinto think he was doing at this point. But I ceased having to wonder when he emerged from behind the bus, shocking Koshi.
"Well, that was disappointing!" He exclaimed, "Jane, I'm gonna need you to help me on this prank!"
"OK, before I help you, first you have to tell me what the heck's going on!" I told him.
His mischievous grin grew, "I was planning to come out from behind the bus when Bella got close, but since she's gone so far away, I can't pull it off anymore." I stayed silent for a while, thinking of what to do next. Finally, I came to the conclusion, 
"Well, I officially pronounce this prank unsalvageable and brain-dead."
"Hey!"  Pinto protested, "Give me some credit!"
"Alright, alright!" I rolled my eyes, "It was a good idea in theory, but not in execra-exec- Koshi, what's that word?" 
"Execution?" My sister asked, very unimpressed with my lack of decent vocabulary.
"Yeah, I think, execution!" She rolled her eyes.
"Well, what do we do now?" Pinto asked.
"There's only one thing we can do." I looked at Koshi, silently pleading that she was on board with this idea, "We could cover for you."
"We'll say that you really, really had to use the bathroom." Koshi added, "You couldn't even wait to tell her."
"You tell her then," I jumped in, "She'd probably believe you the most." She nodded.
"Then you get her, Jane. Tell her we found Pinto." I winked, and ran to get Bella. She wasn't too hard to find. She was with Squirt, and they were both yelling Pinto's name. I walked up to her, and told her,
"We found Pinto." She immediately stopped, and followed me back to where the bus was.
"Thank goodness!" She sighed, and embraced him, "Where were you?" She asked him sternly.
"I really, really needed to use the bathroom." He lied, "I forgot to tell you. Sorry, Bella."
"It's O.K." She replied in a softer tone, "Now, I have a surprise for all of you." All the Vegimals oohed and ahhed at the word, "surprise."
"I asked the security guards if we all could stand in the wings of the stage, and watch the press conference, how does that sound?" We all whooped and jumped with joy at that idea. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We quietly slunk around the back of the podium. Bella said we needed to be quiet so we didn't disturb anything. As we got closer, a big security guard stopped us, and grinned down at the sight of us. 
"Ah, our special wing guests, right this way, madam!" He winked at Bella, and let us pass him.
"Now children, you'll all follow us guards and your lovely caretaker here. Please keep an eye of these Vegimal creatures for us please, they're gonna be your responsibility. We'll call if we need you to do anything else, alright?"
"Yes SIR!" We chorused, following him and some other guards out of the shadows we were hiding in. They all started sprinting toward the stage just as voices and bright flashes began to get louder and brighter. and cameramen and women surged forward to get a better shot of the stage.
"Children! Stay there!" A guard yelled towards us, as a dozen more rushed on stage to everyone off-stage. A wave of bodies pushed past us, jostling me left and right until a strong paw grabbed ahold of me, and started pulling me in their direction.
"Tweak!" I yelled, trying to make myself heard, "What-"
"RUN!!!!!!!!" A guard somewhere shouted, and we didn't question him, we just ran.